Cod liver oil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I give mine a 12 week course of sustinan plus decca and then when the season really kicks off i give growth hormone  I have killed up to 3 rabbits using this diet and a rat 

35 p a tin..... My dogs enjoy them?

Better source, that or mackerel. Tins are cheap as chips in Aldi.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

A good vindaloo or faal is good for them got all them things init and gets them fit if you stand them a mile from the brook then feed it even bull x are record breaking sprinters 

Its what i do anyroad

Best advice on here ????

Edited by C.green
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Just something I've done for probably 6 yrs or more, supplements cost penny's to be fair, noticed that their coats shine, they not stiff after a hard day/nights graft anymore. My old lurcher bitch was prone to having fits and muscle cramps when run hard, would be fine one minute, then on the floor the next no warning. An old boy suggested giving extra calcium in tablet form.... Started using it and the bitch not done it since?they get raw chicken carcasses, necks, beef ribs, lamb ribs, liver, heart toungue, turkey necks, sardines, mackerel allsorts to be fair..... Eat better than me. ?

Just wondered if they were unable to process vit D properly as you feed a lot of vit d in your diet plus give calcium tabs that’s normaly what’s offered for people that can’t process vit d just wondering that’s all

48 minutes ago, gwalchmai4110 said:

i give "golden paste" which is tumeric black pepper and coconut oil.....not sure it does much but makes me a feel a bit better that im tryin lol

atb

I’ve heard people saying about golden paste what’s it used for?

59 minutes ago, gwalchmai4110 said:

i give "golden paste" which is tumeric black pepper and coconut oil.....not sure it does much but makes me a feel a bit better that im tryin lol

atb

I think most supplements work the same way lol 

I never bothered then after my bitches accident i gave her a calcium tablet cod liver oil and a omega 3 tablet daily  and sardines on a friday  but i was told i was wasting my time just concentrate on her diet and exercise 

• Like 2

Used to use the big tins of cod liver oil but a bit messy so use the capsules now plus a tiny garlic tablet, used to use the flames but again, messy.

Give them mackerel (more often in the season) and a tin of chopped tomatoes every couple of days or so.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C.green said:

Anyone use turmeric as a supplement?

Asian lads I used to know through the gamebirds used to use turmeric powder to pack wounds that can't be stitched or glued.... Used it a few times on terriers, drys out the wound and heals quicker than anything I've seen?

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I give mine a cod liver oil capsule, half a calcium tab, garlic tab with every meal of raw, cup of good biscuits, they seem to do well on it, keeps the weight on them winter time?DSC_1359.thumb.JPG.332745c53e5e387bc17696adc1f9b12f.JPG

Dan what is the benefit of a garlic tab? 

Also, when do you give them a small feed before running? I purposefully don't feed them the day I bring them out. I bring some milk and dioralite in the van when I am out in case it turns into a long night. I always have a big fatty feed waiting for them after but interested to hear your reason for feeding before... or the length of time you take before feeding them. 

32 minutes ago, ijf said:

Dan what is the benefit of a garlic tab? 

Also, when do you give them a small feed before running? I purposefully don't feed them the day I bring them out. I bring some milk and dioralite in the van when I am out in case it turns into a long night. I always have a big fatty feed waiting for them after but interested to hear your reason for feeding before... or the length of time you take before feeding them. 

I think that's wrong in one way, would you perform better without no energy? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Asian lads I used to know through the gamebirds used to use turmeric powder to pack wounds that can't be stitched or glued.... Used it a few times on terriers, drys out the wound and heals quicker than anything I've seen?

Tumeric is one of the "Superfoods" with antioxidants and anti-imflammatories, always put a spoon full in curries, chillies, Bolognese etc but never given it to the dogs.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1