Warwickshire - incompetence

I live in Sussex. One of my brothers lives in Leamington Spa. He phoned me the other day as he had seen a rat in his very small courtyard garden. I told him to buy some traps, and he got one of the T Rex type from Pestfix. Under my instructions he set it and caught a rat in less than an hour. His wife then insisted he call someone in, and after a couple of calls with quotes that would make your eyes water he got the local Council bloke - Nigel who is a fella in his 60's.

NIGEL TOLD HIM IT WAS ILLEGAL TO TRAP RATS IN YOUR GARDEN UNDER THE 1981 WILDLIFE AND COUNTRYSIDE ACT.

And insisted he remove the trap. He then told him that he had caught the "LEAD RAT" and no further action was necessary.

Nigel - you need some training old son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The mind boggles , there some cowboys around ,

while back at kids old primary school I went in reception and told them there was several new rat  holes along the path going up to the school .

couple days later the pesty came out and stamped down on few of the holes but he literally just done the ones alongside the path and didn’t go into the kids playing area other side the fence to deal with another 3-4 holes so I went in and told them .

• Like 1