• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm shit at this stuff but I'm good at remembering stuff. A quote of TC's from a few years ago that seemed relevant...  

Saw this wee clip on Youtube... Alan at the Midland 2016... Good on him, eh lads,...it takes some guts the walk out in that arena...

So sorry to hear this sad news... Alan was a superb net maker and enjoyed the old style ways of harvesting game...He also liked hunting with a dog and during the late 1980s, he contacted me for a

Posted Images

I did tell him come august I new a field road side we might get a bolt or two and I said I would push him round in a barrow if needed. That got a LOL out of him and he new i wasn't joking haha

Edited by terryd
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Gutted to hear this.. I spoke to Allan regular over the years on here and on FB, I was meant to meet up with him at the Welsh game fair a few years back but it never happened for some reason. A knowledgeable, pleasant bloke with a great sense of humour. Nos da fy ffrind i.. :(

16 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Give guy a break he was a finger or 2 down im sure ?? he always spoke about long netting mostly on here but his knowledge of fishing both fresh an salt water was amazing aswell, he knew tides better than the crabs?

Funny enough Don, he also knew the crabs better than the crabs! ?

Screenshot_20180621-092950_Chrome.jpg

He was the first guy off here to come and visit us in our new home when we moved to Wales. Brought us one of his hazel and antler sticks as a housewarming present which I will treasure all the more now.

Very knowledgeable man. Not just about fieldsports.