Primo trigger sticks

16 hours ago, walshie said:

You probably could cut them down but I wouldn't. They'd be too short when you are standing up then. I find my elbow and knee perfectly good for sitting shots.

I took the rubber foot off the outer leg yesterday to have a look but the inner leg is only an Inch or two smaller than the outer so I couldnt do it anyway.... I'm only 5'6" so I'm only likkle... ?... 

Edited by Phill-W68
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, mark williams said:

Phil, get one of those Jack Pyke pigeon buckets with the swivel seat, it also carries a lot of gear for you when going static hunting.

A big tip, sit with your back against a fence or tree trunk - both give greater accuracy to you.

IMG_0679.JPG.5a6f5d53ecb6358fa4b4984c801422b1.JPG

atb  Mark.

This looks about the best idea, thx mark

? 

Sticks, bipods, trees, fences, gates car bonnet etc, everyone has their preferences.      I'm not big on sticks at all, they are all a pain to carry around as far as I'm concerned, but I do use quite high bipods at times, or any other type of support I can find.

Everyones shooting circumstances are different and we all have our preferences.  Good luck in your quest here! :thumbs:

• Like 2

Pigeon bucket and sticks are ok for  static hunting  but sticks are a pain to carry round with you . I have both but haven't used them for some time , most of my shooting in the field , (rabbits , pigeons) are off the knee same as squirrels in the woodland . Pigeons in woodland may be off a tree or a branch , kneeling or freehand 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies and ideas guys... I've left the sticks as they are and I've made a small two leg bipod out of an old washing line airer, very light and compact but stand taller than a normal bipod but smaller than the primos, will only use them when sitting in wait as I sit on the floor not on a seat..... 

• Like 1