• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Flat Earth Society has lots of followers from all over the globe.

Vaguely relevant to the thread...  

Posted Images

17 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Does this shop belong to one of our residents? :hmm:

FlatEarth.jpg.56ff0f1a5c1130633823118336f6f245.jpg

Is that shop front 1D, 2D or 3D ?  Is there an Inside ? What do they seĺl from there ? Flat things? Does it actually exist  ?  Am I actually wasting time even considering this ?

They tell us that the Earth rotating creates gravity yet that is centrifugal force is it not ? Centrifugal force on a rotating object throws things away from itself ! What actually creates Earths gravity as according to science and working with everyday objects its clearly not the Earth rotating that creates gravity ?

27 minutes ago, MickC said:

They tell us that the Earth rotating creates gravity yet that is centrifugal force is it not ? Centrifugal force on a rotating object throws things away from itself ! What actually creates Earths gravity as according to science and working with everyday objects its clearly not the Earth rotating that creates gravity ?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, genuinely misunderstand or that I misunderstand you so I apologies if I'm wrong.

It's not rotation that causes gravity, it's mass. All mass has gravity, even a paperclip, the Earth is an extremely 'massive' lump of rock and so has a strong gravitational effect (pull).

The Earth's rotation does indeed want to 'throw' us into deep space but the force of gravity (from it's mass) is much stronger (on the surface) and so the resulting effect is that the pull of gravity beats the centrifugal push of rotating at 1000 mph on the surface of this spinning lump of rock.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, genuinely misunderstand or that I misunderstand you so I apologies if I'm wrong.

It's not rotation that causes gravity, it's mass. All mass has gravity, even a paperclip, the Earth is an extremely 'massive' lump of rock and so has a strong gravitational effect (pull).

The Earth's rotation does indeed want to 'throw' us into deep space but the force of gravity (from it's mass) is much stronger (on the surface) and so the resulting effect is that the pull of gravity beats the centrifugal push of rotating at 1000 mph on the surface of this spinning lump of rock.

Ohhh......get the big brain on Gareth ?

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Ohhh......get the big brain on Gareth ?

LOL It's not exactly rocket science.........

...... well actually, I guess it's a fairly fundamental part of launching rockets. Never mind...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Before I continue I would just like to clarify, I don't no any of the people involved or what led them to the conclusion we are on a flat surface and I care not one way or tother, but for the purposes of debate, if what your saying is true and correct and I have no reason to doubt or disbelieve you, why is there not gravity on the moon if it's a mass like earth, ?? bet you,ll wish you were,nt the brainy one by the end of this thread mate ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1