Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Both crosses when crossed together produced some of the best pot filling lurchers ive owned back in the day

2010-09-28 11.22.18.jpg

oldskool proper dogs mate.  In the good old days.   I would take a pup off them 2 dogs today, rather than 99.9% of the shite that's been bred these days.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

Both crosses when crossed together produced some of the best pot filling lurchers ive owned back in the day

2010-09-28 11.22.18.jpg

Smart looking dogs mate. This is the type I’ll continue to keep they suit my needs to the ground true masters of none takers of all 

• Like 1

2010-09-28 11.22.18.jpg

Have you got any more pictures of these dogs mate?

1 hour ago, vin said:

oldskool proper dogs mate.  In the good old days.   I would take a pup off them 2 dogs today, rather than 99.9% of the shite that's been bred these days.

Not disagreeing with you that theres alot of shit about but how do you work out most of them are ? Not a dig or owt genuinly interested.

Theres dogs that have took everything the british isles has to offer everyone is in contact now we can look for the best blood to add to our dogs find out about differrnt qaurry to test the dogs on and listen to other genuine dogmen and learn bits from there mistakes. Ok so it might be abit harder to test a dog properly at certain disciplines but you can its just abit more hassle.youd think lurchermen would be movingforwards  not backwards over the years

Edited by C.green
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, vin said:

Got to agree,.I made my bones with such useful, old style lurchers...great days, great times and great memories. :clapper:

File0383.thumb.jpg.2d6b9b6a4f3114a08c0e4fc9b7383461.jpg

• Like 8
4 hours ago, C.green said:

Not disagreeing with you that theres alot of shit about but how do you work out most of them are ? Not a dig or owt genuinly interested.

Theres dogs that have took everything the british isles has to offer everyone is in contact now we can look for the best blood to add to our dogs find out about differrnt qaurry to test the dogs on and listen to other genuine dogmen and learn bits from there mistakes. Ok so it might be abit harder to test a dog properly at certain disciplines but you can its just abit more hassle.youd think lurchermen would be movingforwards  not backwards over the years

its a lot easier these days you would think but people still breed from poor stock for money. need to take a leaf out the coursing boys book use the best blood no matter the cost.

5 hours ago, C.green said:

It's just a statistic matey... it's probably not far from the truth... way too many litters bred from shite dogs these days.

It's not a dig at anyone personally.

12 minutes ago, vin said:

It's just a statistic matey... it's probably not far from the truth... way too many litters bred from shite dogs these days.

It's not a dig at anyone personally.

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...:yes:

92565566_Pim0006(2).jpg.5526e5fa5901f0bd0aa2c3e7eab46495.jpg

• Like 15
On 19/06/2018 at 13:37, mackay said:

If collies are so clever, why are they always chained up?.

cause they will feck off n do there job! used to drive a mile or 2 to next village wi the lurchers to pick up a neebour n his lurcher n ma cousins collie would be there waiting for us! was a dog that liked to follow the lurchers enjoyed his sport 

• Like 2
Just now, pot hunter said:

cause they will feck off n do there job! used to drive a mile or 2 to next village wi the lurchers to pick up a neebour n his lurcher n ma cousins collie would be there waiting for us! was a dog that liked to follow the lurchers enjoyed his sport 

Did he nip your tyres