Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

any photos of presteigne area iv worn out a few pair of wellies tramping around above  there lol ?

Hi,..no photos ...

When I stayed in that area, there were no rabbits, just a few hares on the hills, plus Badgers, Foxes, etc..

I did go back in the late 1980s and found a few pockets of rabbits to catch on the lamp,..but compared to other places in the UK,..that area was not very rabbity.

Doubt I will ever return to Wales,..all my folks are gone...:yes:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

School them from a young age you be surprised gb same as running them through forestry blocks on the hill?I know lads who hunt places with no fences gates etc, massive fields and they're dog's got no running sense ?

That's the way I have always done it dc i have seen some good dogs on the blocks and hills normally heavy collie based but most were out  young on there but you still get that heart in the moment especially when they go out of sight but you can still hear the crashing you certainly run the gauntlet on that kind of places but it's not without reward 

• Like 1

Done a hell of alot of forestry hunting last winter. Ran some disgusting places n was fairly lucky very rare id come away empty handed had some cracking catches but running a dog thats even half committed you will get injuries same with any other type of lurcher work.the best dogs ive seen for the forest and plantations where i go where bull cross but seen loads catch here n there. 

66642606-D996-49EF-AE6D-2DC89A4F084A.thumb.jpeg.187c0de78cb061d479fa4a071f3cd025.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:09, Phil Lloyd said:

Hi,..no photos ...

When I stayed in that area, there were no rabbits, just a few hares on the hills, plus Badgers, Foxes, etc..

I did go back in the late 1980s and found a few pockets of rabbits to catch on the lamp,..but compared to other places in the UK,..that area was not very rabbity.

Doubt I will ever return to Wales,..all my folks are gone...:yes:

a mate ran a shoot at Norton between there and knighton your right about the rabbits only in pockets ,yet just a few miles up the road over the border thers always been plenty infact even Ronnie lane and Clapton used take pot shots at them? lol

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

a mate ran a shoot at Norton between there and knighton your right about the rabbits only in pockets ,yet just a few miles up the road over the border thers always been plenty infact even Ronnie lane and Clapton used take pot shots at them? lol

Do abit of ferreting... Loose bolting to the dogs not far from Knighton, a mornings sport at best, but a change of scenery helps ?

1 hour ago, stormyboy said:

Very emotional tune about his dead son. ?

On the upside did a 20 minute version of 'cocaine' was amazing.

(Clapton not me) ?

Didn't his son die falling out a window while he was smacked out and banging sheryl crow? Song favourite mistake is about Clapton. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Didn't his son die falling out a window while he was smacked out and banging sheryl crow? Song favourite mistake is about Clapton. 

Don't sugar coat it mate lol

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

No the kid was with his mother when it happened.  Clapton had been off smack quite a while.