Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Only on new moon mate when ye can pretty much see, or atleast that’s what I do, an if ye out often enough the dog soon learns what’s expected, an knows if ye got a lamp or nowt but many a times it seem game caught out the beam on the darkest of nights ?

Yeah true.actually when i take mine out last thing at night for a piss without lamp or leads they always go full blast across the field for a look about and even lamping there out the beam often.maybe it ok if on familiar ground.?

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:25, Phil Lloyd said:

Wish I could go back to those days,..the dazzler was so exciting, so real, so new...:clapper:

dust off t he old LR9 lol I still got one and a LR14 they were the dazzlers to have at the time and they did the job but it was a lot easier then if u go out now everywhere is lit up like blackpool the rifle craze has taken over and wats worse most just leave the bunnies on the field where there shot , yes bud be great to be able to go back ?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

dust off t he old LR9 lol I still got one and a LR14 they were the dazzlers to have at the time and they did the job but it was a lot easier then if u go out now everywhere is lit up like blackpool the rifle craze has taken over and wats worse most just leave the bunnies on the field where there shot , yes bud be great to be able to go back ?

most of the rifle men round here have night vision you don't even know if your being watched.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, two crows said:

most of the rifle men round here have night vision you don't even know if your being watched.

same here could be another theary why rabbits are getting scarce in a lot of places ? yes lamping dogs was defo easier in the 7os ?

• Like 3
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:11, Phil Lloyd said:

I think we have all strayed from the fold,..the sheer excitement and thrill of the spotlight's glare, ignited in a fire in the hearts of most hunting men...:yes:

It gave us all,..another way to work our dogs. ..it was great,..it was safe,...the night belonged to us...

No,..I've never regretted, walking by night, but nowadays, I much prefer to see the dawn come up. and take in the fabulous sights of rural Britain...?

File0651.jpg.c73143e618ebccec71c6f208a5c9afda.jpg

any photos of presteigne area iv worn out a few pair of wellies tramping around above  there lol ?

I still youse a lamp for my fox control or odd times I have to shoot a rabbit, but I went with a lad to see how the night vision works and its a game changer he pulled up on the way back switched it to another riffle pulled in another field and shot 10 rabbits in seconds.

11 minutes ago, two crows said:

6 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

same here could be another theary why rabbits are getting scarce in a lot of places ? yes lamping dogs was defo easier in the 7os ?

There's a place I go were they sit in a lay by right at the top of the valley were they can scan everything even cars driving through the lanes   flick a lamp on and there on you straight away or as you park up there kitted out with night vision that's why I walk it it's a bit of a drag but never had a problems doing that way and you just have to wary were you throw your shadow on certain parts but the rewards are there not like they once we're though I think they started keeping the rabbits numbers down  to keep lads away 

6 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Yeah true.actually when i take mine out last thing at night for a piss without lamp or leads they always go full blast across the field for a look about and even lamping there out the beam often.maybe it ok if on familiar ground.?

School them from a young age you be surprised gb same as running them through forestry blocks on the hill?I know lads who hunt places with no fences gates etc, massive fields and they're dog's got no running sense ?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

There's a place I go were they sit in a lay by right at the top of the valley were they can scan everything even cars driving through the lanes   flick a lamp on and there on you straight away or as you park up there kitted out with night vision that's why I walk it it's a bit of a drag but never had a problems doing that way and you just have to wary were you throw your shadow on certain parts but the rewards are there not like they once we're though I think they started keeping the rabbits numbers down  to keep lads away 

the thermal stuff is amazing you can even see mice running round.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

There's a place I go were they sit in a lay by right at the top of the valley were they can scan everything even cars driving through the lanes   flick a lamp on and there on you straight away or as you park up there kitted out with night vision that's why I walk it it's a bit of a drag but never had a problems doing that way and you just have to wary were you throw your shadow on certain parts but the rewards are there not like they once we're though I tshink they started keeping the rabbits numbers down  to keep lads away 

sign of the times I suppose ,still I'm a dinousaur and to old to change now.just night work will never be the same as it was back then ?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, two crows said:

the thermal stuff is amazing you can even see mice running round.

I know a lad with a high end set up and he said he won't use anything else now and his numbers have rocketed since using thermal but he can't grasp there needs to be a balance he did say he's been asked to clear fields to stop lads coming on  and with thermal it's never been as easy i suppose it would be handy on lamp shy problem gear but it will cause some areas to be totalled with some trigger happy cnuts 

• Like 2