Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I just found this at the back of my shed?

D4DB8209-3FD0-4C9C-A0E8-D3759AF7CC74.jpeg

It's a classic. . . . that little square old crappy thing is responsible for starting many a mans lamping career. . . . I would love to have a walk with one these days and see if I can still catch a few after lighting up the whole area...lol

1 hour ago, vin said:

It's a classic. . . . that little square old crappy thing is responsible for starting many a mans lamping career. . . . I would love to have a walk with one these days and see if I can still catch a few after lighting up the whole area...lol

during my lamping period I had a real bright home made lamp, one night I bumped into a chap with a real weedy lamp with no glass in it he had plenty of rabbits and recond I was showing em to much field.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, two crows said:

during my lamping period I had a real bright home made lamp, one night I bumped into a chap with a real weedy lamp with no glass in it he had plenty of rabbits and recond I was showing em to much field.

I will never be without a dimmer on a lamp again.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, two crows said:

a dimmer honest if you saw that mans lamp it was like a bike lamp.

Its surprising how little light is needed to pick up the eyes though.im sure the dogs eyes are better again at picking the eyes out than ours.

Many a time the dog will give a pull on the slip and I haven't seen any eyes at all.but he's telling me something is there.When scanning with the dimmer turned right down.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, king said:

Its surprising how little light is needed to pick up the eyes though.im sure the dogs eyes are better again at picking the eyes out than ours.

Many a time the dog will give a pull on the slip and I haven't seen any eyes at all.but he's telling me something is there.When scanning with the dimmer turned right down.

If the dogs stock broken , an got good recall let it loose without a lamp your be surprised.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

If the dogs stock broken , an got good recall let it loose without a lamp your be surprised.

I hate the thought of the dog hunting up at night.he will during the day but at night as soon as the lamp is off he is right back to my left hand side.

I don't want to encourage that to be honest mate.

But Yea I agree theres plenty of stuff sitting about when it's dark.