Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly , 

as a younger man I lamped the small hilly fields of Cumbria, hillocks hedgerows ditches , 

I was lucky enough to spend a few seasons hunting exclusively with the lad who made the Kiera goes lamping videos 

kiera was exclusively collie greyhound, and was ran hard for a few seasons, show me a beddy that can handle that amount of work , you can’t as none can or could on that terrain . Fact. 

Kiera was powerful quick hardy intelligent and three pups better than her in the opinion of her owner , incidentally Kiera is still alive at nearly 20 

theres not a beddy blooded dog in the country to lace her boots imho 

Put some of the videos up are they on you tube be I interesting to see this testing ground that no beddie cross can run 20 years old and still alive  some going 

2 hours ago, vin said:

It all went downhill when they started with 4 channels instead of the usual 3...lol.  

I remember the days when you could bob down into the dykes and run a couple of fields away and that was the end of it. . . . Now they get the helicopters out and road block the area....  sod that for a game of soldiers.

Thanks fekk some of us have actually lived through the golden years. . . .  Halford's little square halogen inspection lamp £7  was the turning point for me and the mates... lol. . . From that day,the ferrets became redundant for years.

I had 1 a them lamps mate it were the bollox 

59 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Put some of the videos up are they on you tube be I interesting to see this testing ground that no beddie cross can run 20 years old and still alive  some going 

f***ing hell sounds like triggers brush that dog

34 minutes ago, two crows said:

we made ours for years lumax with big bulbs in I was still using that when every one else had a blue eye.

I had a halfords job mate then bought a home made contraption off me grandad next nieghbour now that wor really good car head light wi some pipe and a lath nail for a switch it were great 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Tbf i still use fairly old kit now just wi a lithium battery laser lite and blazer tried the led couldnt tell a rat from an owl lol

I still occasionally use a laser lite converted to blaze lite tough as old boots little lamp there good as they’ve got the little walking dim beam ??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

I still occasionally use a laser lite converted to blaze lite tough as old boots little lamp there good as they’ve got the little walking dim beam ??

I got both but need a gate lite bulb for me lazer to stop me falling over so much

• Like 1
4 hours ago, terryd said:

Much as I think the world of him I wouldn't have a bull cross again I just don't need that amount of umph. I just want to catch a couple of rabbits not take out any game with in a ten mile radius every time I set foot out the door and he can't shoot for shit

Not sure if a collie cross would fit the bill but if I have another I want some thing a bit more laid back 

Same here, much as I like her, something a little more pedestrian for me next timecrop.thumb.png.b74e1f0d1a3b246c8d604f861855a58d.png

• Like 1

The halcyon days, when you got home after a session poaching without any hassle.

The "tingle" isn't quite there on permission and I sometimes feel that I'm not being as stealthy as I would be if poaching?

Cheers, D.

• Like 9