Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Right ,

could that do 3 nights a week on 40 ish rabbits week in week out that is the bare standard of a good collie cross ?! 

Why couldn't a beeddy cross no do that if you have the numbers to do it no big dealn

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Got a few more in the albums knocking about some were.

show us that black and white dog you had in the mid-80s... nice ruff coated running dog. . . .  that was my ideal dog.

17 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...:yes:

92565566_Pim0006(2).jpg.5526e5fa5901f0bd0aa2c3e7eab46495.jpg

I love these old skool dogs. . . . . take me back please. . . . I don't want to live in the modern world anymore.

18 minutes ago, vin said:

I love these old skool dogs. . . . . take me back please. . . . I don't want to live in the modern world anymore.

I can remember when not many people had a phone in the house, and if you were seen you had ages to get bac to the path or road and we though it was all over  when telly started staying on all night lol

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Why couldn't a beeddy cross no do that if you have the numbers to do it no big dealn

We know of a few bedlington greyhounds that were on the numbers crack and a few that still are don’t we northern ??

1 hour ago, two crows said:

I can remember when not many people had a phone in the house, and if you were seen you had ages to get bac to the path or road and we though it was all over  when telly started staying on all night lol

It all went downhill when they started with 4 channels instead of the usual 3...lol.  

I remember the days when you could bob down into the dykes and run a couple of fields away and that was the end of it. . . . Now they get the helicopters out and road block the area....  sod that for a game of soldiers.

Thanks fekk some of us have actually lived through the golden years. . . .  Halford's little square halogen inspection lamp £7  was the turning point for me and the mates... lol. . . From that day,the ferrets became redundant for years.

Honestly , 

as a younger man I lamped the small hilly fields of Cumbria, hillocks hedgerows ditches , 

I was lucky enough to spend a few seasons hunting exclusively with the lad who made the Kiera goes lamping videos 

kiera was exclusively collie greyhound, and was ran hard for a few seasons, show me a beddy that can handle that amount of work , you can’t as none can or could on that terrain . Fact. 

Kiera was powerful quick hardy intelligent and three pups better than her in the opinion of her owner , incidentally Kiera is still alive at nearly 20 

theres not a beddy blooded dog in the country to lace her boots imho 

28 minutes ago, vin said:

It all went downhill when they started with 4 channels instead of the usual 3...lol.  

I remember the days when you could bob down into the dykes and run a couple of fields away and that was the end of it. . . . Now they get the helicopters out and road block the area....  sod that for a game of soldiers.

Thanks fekk some of us have actually lived through the golden years. . . .  Halford's little square halogen inspection lamp £7  was the turning point for me and the mates... lol. . . From that day,the ferrets became redundant for years.

I think we have all strayed from the fold,..the sheer excitement and thrill of the spotlight's glare, ignited in a fire in the hearts of most hunting men...:yes:

It gave us all,..another way to work our dogs. ..it was great,..it was safe,...the night belonged to us...

No,..I've never regretted, walking by night, but nowadays, I much prefer to see the dawn come up. and take in the fabulous sights of rural Britain...?

File0651.jpg.c73143e618ebccec71c6f208a5c9afda.jpg

• Like 9

Much as I think the world of him I wouldn't have a bull cross again I just don't need that amount of umph. I just want to catch a couple of rabbits not take out any game with in a ten mile radius every time I set foot out the door and he can't shoot for shit

40102663410_9877cc8e48_c.jpg

Not sure if a collie cross would fit the bill but if I have another I want some thing a bit more laid back 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly , 

as a younger man I lamped the small hilly fields of Cumbria, hillocks hedgerows ditches , 

I was lucky enough to spend a few seasons hunting exclusively with the lad who made the Kiera goes lamping videos 

kiera was exclusively collie greyhound, and was ran hard for a few seasons, show me a beddy that can handle that amount of work , you can’t as none can or could on that terrain . Fact. 

Kiera was powerful quick hardy intelligent and three pups better than her in the opinion of her owner , incidentally Kiera is still alive at nearly 20 

theres not a beddy blooded dog in the country to lace her boots imho 

Mate I think you’ve miss read my original post no one was asking what’s the best collie or bedlington Lurcher or who owns the best it was just stating that what I’ve noticed that the 2 crosses mentioned that it looks like there slowly making a comeback then you start going all yesteryear on us lol giving us I’ve owned the best seen the best no one else owns good dogs but me because I’ve not seen them my standards are higher than yours all while doing 7days 7nights a week work while riding 5 miles a day to keep your dogs fit so the can do back flips over 5bar gates on us......we get it mate you’ve seen some nice dogs run that were or are good at there jobs but your not the only man that’s seen or owned good dogs 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1