Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why the f**k would anyone even conemplate a first cross beddy at all?? 

Take it you’ve never seen a good bedlington x greyhound work then mate 

24 minutes ago, poxon said:

Had a little bitch whose every weakness was due to her beddy blood imho 

I’d never tolerate another , each to their own, but I’d need to see something exceptional to change my mind 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Had a little bitch whose every weakness was due to her beddy blood imho 

I’d never tolerate another , each to their own, but I’d need to see something exceptional to change my mind 

Sounds as though you got a short straw mate I’ve been there in the past with a bedlington x whippet f1 bred from worker to worker the bedlington used was a decent size An the whippet was 21tts I ended up with a 17tts half cross complete shit on the lamp due to being small an slow but let my hart rule over head hung on to her just for ferreting an bushing she turned in to a really good bitch for nocking about with but I’d never have another to be fair as they don’t suit my needs or do I feel the need to be that restricted. I’ve seen a few decent bedlington x greyhounds in my time that were good for a bit of everything It’s all a short straw game man

9 hours ago, poxon said:

yup mines got the nose of a collie.... and when that "switch ....flicks!" an altogether different dog appears ive never had and never seen a dog with the "prey drive my current beddy cross and has got and has made me a convert to the cross after a couple of decades of collie crosses  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why the f**k would anyone even conemplate a first cross beddy at all?? 

You get right stuff an put time in the beddy x make good dogs out of 4 iv had only one did not like the job in hand 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Imho beddys are just too weak for lamping and don’t have enough wind for the day game 

agreed for ferreting and mooching their the go to type , but to compare a beddy to a good solid collie type is madness 

All beddy x work all day long none stop the big blue dog did not make the grade beddy whippets gone now fawn dog an blue bitch both do the job in hand an work all day would lamp all night but don't lamp fawn dog over 26tts strong dog bitch 23 tts racy type post-65098-0-18660300-1468241694_thumb.jpg

• Like 2