On 18 June 2018 at 22:49, fireman said:

Brilliant mate and proper made up for you,a fine healthy bunch of youngsters eating good quality food. First f*cking class that is ?..

Cheers mate I'll have a pair for you. Are you going to Stafford or Newark?... How are you getting on this year?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, spanna said:

Cheers mate I'll have a pair for you. Are you going to Stafford or Newark?... How are you getting on this year?

I'll probebly get up to Newark for a nose about rather than to buy as such but at the moment my aviary is empty mate,as you know i lost a good few to a rat attack and i just thought now's the chance to pull it down and get a decent concrete base down and rebuild the whole thing and start afresh as it were.I'm aiming to just to keep a couple of pairs of somethings in a mixed flight and have a quiet back to basics time for a while.Again well done on your birds and they got to be happy to produce like that and keep up the grand work mate and deffo keep the pics coming ?..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20 June 2018 at 20:46, fireman said:

I'll probebly get up to Newark for a nose about rather than to buy as such but at the moment my aviary is empty mate,as you know i lost a good few to a rat attack and i just thought now's the chance to pull it down and get a decent concrete base down and rebuild the whole thing and start afresh as it were.I'm aiming to just to keep a couple of pairs of somethings in a mixed flight and have a quiet back to basics time for a while.Again well done on your birds and they got to be happy to produce like that and keep up the grand work mate and deffo keep the pics coming ?..

Cheers mate I'm happy with how it's going had the odd set back but nowt to bad this year. Well if you fancy a pair of of these let me know and I'll bring a pair to Newark 

Wow that's brilliant mate  glad you have had a great season mine has been a complete disaster this year, out of three pairs I have had loads of deaths, broken eggs, and hens which have gone egg bound and lost. I have learnt a lot of lessons the hard way this year for next season,  but I suppose you can't have all your own way all the time. But I think fingers crossed I might just,  might get two young  fledged this week coming  with a bit of luck. And that's the only two, but two is better than none. But it is great to see nice pictures of healthy young birds well done mate your photos are great 

• Like 2
On 20/06/2018 at 20:46, fireman said:

Same thing happened to my grandad few weeks back,lost 4 yellow canaries,couple of finches,then he got a couple of quail in an they got killed by rats,took us days to find where they were getting in to the aviary,touch wood he’s been trapping a good few now and not lost any more 

• Like 1
On 13/07/2018 at 21:29, Meroman said:

Well done, its not been a great season for a lot of people I know including myself, a credit to you.

Good luck with them.

He has done well for sure Meroman and he's done well to keep them rings on all those bullies eh ?...Again well done Spanna and keep the pics coming ?..

Cheers lads had two more nests hatch out yesterday, one pair on with building for third round and my fourth pair the hen got egg bound didn't look like surviving but she's pulled thruw so that's them for season all been well I should have 25-30 young

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

We'll done spanna photos of your birds look great mate, well done once again. Hope you don't mind me asking spanna,  If you're selling a few later on this year at the newark bird show in November please do let me know as I would be interested in purchasing some new birds off you, for the year next all the best David