PURE !!!

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Cracking thread this, iv always said coursing dog x lamping dog has produced the best all round animals I ever saw?

will do mate worker to worker winner every time no matter what your after.

• Like 4

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think back...i wanted a real deal killing machine back then ..i had to get the bus from Cork city,to rosslare ,then the ferry to pembrooke...then a bus from there to newbury ,where i was picked

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times... Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have

That would be the Dingo,good hunters and pets and the abbo's used to eat them when times were tough.Now bred by Davo down the road who keeps to himself.Good on ya Davo..

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I seen it few many times mate, from collie crosses to bullx, when crossed with coursing dog they make complete diff animals, if coursing (saluki ish) types where easier to live with I reckon everybody would have em?

you should try living with half a dozen cockers mate, do that do anything, seriously though I must be wired up the right way cos I never have a problem with em.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, two crows said:

he was bred in cornwall of all places and bought while on holiday mick had to travel back to get him when he was ready to go I not sure how he was bred but mick is my wifes uncle and can give me his ped name hopefully I can bring his lines forward from that if the modern stuff can be followed back, that far

Do you think he'd be in the breeding of tor of dartmoor? He was from down that way weren't he? 

Heres my sal/grey X collie/grey....bought in notts in 1984...he did some big bags single handed and too a lot of fox .and a few big rabbits back then...he was some dog with excellent wind and fierce drive

Screenshot_20180621-212810.png

• Like 8
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Heres my sal/grey X collie/grey....bought in notts in 1984...he did some big bags single handed and too a lot of fox .and a few big rabbits back then...he was some dog with excellent wind and fierce drive

Screenshot_20180621-212810.png

never no mate that could be off one of my sal crosses I was in notts till 95 and bred a few that stayed local

• Like 1
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:02, sandymere said:

One problem over here these days is shorter and shorter slips, 3 or 4 hares from kick ups is a different matter to the slips the Galgos get. When a dog has to make up a good lead at top speed but still has a course in the tank is when the good uns show.

An example of short slips

https://youtu.be/zUY1llXARXE?t=153

https://youtu.be/goZy0qdcGmQ

some do better

https://youtu.be/Pi9F-PS6vuI

but............................

I never red that properly first time sandy, and I haven't looked at these other clips yet mate but I will later the slips the galgos was getting were not big in my book, at one time I was known for my sportsmanship and gave some massive slips, but the hare don't kick till the dog gets there any way. one day a chap slipped on my little red bitch from the other end of the line he thought the dog was the hare when they got on terms, his rocket dog just got in the way till it faded, like grey hounds those galgos are just fast. no offence intended just how I see it.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, two crows said:

never no mate that could be off one of my sal crosses I was in notts till 95 and bred a few that stayed local

the grand mother to that dog i had was plummers Fathom I was told and the dam was a brindle saluki bitch  i have a photo somwhere of both ..the one thing i remember was the owner dressed in jeans jacket and jeans lol big tall chap was the owner ...that you?lol..

On 21/06/2018 at 14:32, Maximus Ferret said:

I like that very much Jigsaw. I hope he goes well this season. What lines is he off?

ive tried to send you a pm but your full up I take it .lol  empty your inbox 

7 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

the grand mother to that dog i had was plummers Fathom I was told and the dam was a brindle saluki bitch  i have a photo somwhere of both ..the one thing i remember was the owner dressed in jeans jacket and jeans lol big tall chap was the owner ...that you?lol..

no mate I am not tall a tall lol but I did breed a few brindle sal crosses .