PURE !!!

Kenny seems like you may have misunderstood me curs ,means like collie jukels base bred lurchers ,f1s first xes types.never no need to X again to. Greyhound that's not a massive influence,the massive influence I top coursing stock his saluki and the Irish use lots a whippet with there saluki coursing animals  why , blatantly obvious they a better alternative  I have seen a pure kill  plenty field hares preban  don't get confused with running style and no speed ..of course there are slow Salukis same has greyhounds but the thing with the saluki slow or fast they add all the qualities needed in a running dog to catch live game  fact fast or slow ,these traits do get passed on.in there progeny. Atb billy

• Like 3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think back...i wanted a real deal killing machine back then ..i had to get the bus from Cork city,to rosslare ,then the ferry to pembrooke...then a bus from there to newbury ,where i was picked

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times... Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have

That would be the Dingo,good hunters and pets and the abbo's used to eat them when times were tough.Now bred by Davo down the road who keeps to himself.Good on ya Davo..

Posted Images

So that be pue sal working bred John Lennon line ,dam f1 collie grey. the introduction of the sal blood notched it up to another level The same has they did forty yrs ago. I gave that welp to a friend the welps from here back to a f1 saluki  kill                   L  ong ears any where which realistically should never a thought of a greyhound was going near  her fa the roust about lurcher man that dont need bull or terrier mixes but wants abit of running ability they really decent and they will catch good numbers of coneys with out blowing  up .atb Bill  ps fa those that want something breaking down blowing up foot injuries keep. Yas saturated greyhound lurcher y'all get by but until you tried the saluki with a base has used conventional lurcher don't put them down they might surprise ya .atb Bill

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd agree with that the working dog is the base but I think 3/4 grey or whippet is superior to half fast dogs,and the work dog 1/4 is enough without losing speed.

the English saluki lurcher  that's been line bred best to best for 50 years to catch the brown hare is a far superior animal to the grey hound for any type of lurcher  and people are to obsessed with raw pace

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, two crows said:

the English saluki lurcher  that's been line bred best to best for 50 years to catch the brown hare is a far superior animal to the grey hound for any type of lurcher  and people are to obsessed with raw pace

Well if that's right what you say the majority of lads are going wrong, when do you here of just Saluki crosses without Greyhound blood in there for the majority of Lurchers?

Raw pace plus bush sense that's why whippet/staghounds are the dogs used most here on hard ground,scrub and creek beds,you generally don't run rabbits for a km.Salukis are almost unheard of here,there's probably a reason.

1 hour ago, two crows said:

• Like 1

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times...:yes:

Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have been cruelly, and unjustly gelded, by ill-thought-out legislation...?

• Like 13
3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Well if that's right what you say the majority of lads are going wrong, when do you here of just Saluki crosses without Greyhound blood in there for the majority of Lurchers?

when saluki blood was first available to lurcher lads the first thing they did was not  line a grey hound, they already had lurchers and crossed them to the saluki,  and don't forget no brian plummer slagging them off  back then, may be we got lucky who knows, but I am not saying use saluki instead of grey hound I am saying use coursing dog, different animal altogether, just think what a greyhound can do and what a coursing dog can do and its a simple choice.

• Like 5
On 21 June 2018 at 10:44, Kerny92 said:

The majority of lads ant got neither the knowledge or th experience,ta see it da what it his these jukels doing big coney numbers are few and far between but they would be more off them if the saluki  or coursing animal used both sides the breeding with base blood ,don't you see it kenny fa what it his the arrival off the saluki they were bred ta lurchers Norfolk typed some. Had beddy blood in em ,we had them forty yrs ago we fetched a pure from down Oxfordshire my old friend  these early imports some were very aggressive the one we fetched grew in to a right b*****d  bite any intruder with out a second thought, we used him onlurchers non peds any type ,the thing was the welps were dramatically changed in to animals that could catch long ears regular any where.  I don't think he ever covered a greyhound and there was plenty around us ..all this animals bred specifically fa teeth etc then small coney jukels  this his where and why we are where we are specifics instead of breeding fa versatility.atb bill

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, two crows said:

that's mick lowdes flash he had a massive impact round our way in the creation of hare catchers late 60s early70s

034.JPG

T c, was that an import, or bred from the show stuff over here?

29 minutes ago, shaaark said:

T c, was that an import, or bred from the show stuff over here?

he was bred in cornwall of all places and bought while on holiday mick had to travel back to get him when he was ready to go I not sure how he was bred but mick is my wifes uncle and can give me his ped name hopefully I can bring his lines forward from that if the modern stuff can be followed back, that far

• Like 1