PURE !!!

On 20 June 2018 at 17:04, sandymere said:

And if you read what I said I agreed 

"If  I wanted a dog to compete against a decent galgo or uk coursing type I'd get a galgo or coursing type."

And as I pointed out the Spanish say there's are better lol. A galgaro, after looking at some of the YouTube links I sent him gently suggested that we are unsportsmanlike giving such short law. He questioned if ours could cope with the longer slips.

As I say it's a big world out there and we've all got the best coursing dogs in the world ?

I knows its a big world sandy yas want get round it paint some scares.but what's been said his the fecking British coursing types are superior to greyhounds and. Fecking galagos yas been getting to engrossed on the net yet once again,lol. Thems breeding lurchers from base breeds the modern coursing hound fast or out and out fen dog his superiors a a stud,and for what it's worth the plodders has some call them still superior no sooner yas X with base they alter fact,and that's from experience sandy not of the World Wide Web ya plonker .atb bill

• Haha 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think back...i wanted a real deal killing machine back then ..i had to get the bus from Cork city,to rosslare ,then the ferry to pembrooke...then a bus from there to newbury ,where i was picked

Nowadays, the knowledgeable and open-minded lurcher breeder,..has much more choice, than in previous times... Unfortunately,..now that we finally have, the tools for the job,..any job,...we have

That would be the Dingo,good hunters and pets and the abbo's used to eat them when times were tough.Now bred by Davo down the road who keeps to himself.Good on ya Davo..

Posted Images

On 20 June 2018 at 14:33, sandymere said:

Pup looking well.

The Galgo does alright, no slouch and can stay if needed. Came on well with a bit of experience outside of competing. Well enough to persuade me to look at bringing a pup over soon and the dog pictured is my preferred sire. 

The, galagos getting pulled all over the prairie ,they have no control of there prey  a good coursing hound would have took control of those jacks hares etc.theyre shitejust maybe y better than a pure grey fa making lurchers fact.atb bill

Many moons ago we used to hunt a pig farm rats with terriers they land owner kept one a those Pharos hounds had the same with him thee this thee that ,well that was found wanting and endive da bout ten yrs on a fecking chain when he found it out there's only one great hound from another continent and that's the saluki fella another fact.atb bill

2 hours ago, billhardy said:

Many moons ago we used to hunt a pig farm rats with terriers they land owner kept one a those Pharos hounds had the same with him thee this thee that ,well that was found wanting and endive da bout ten yrs on a fecking chain when he found it out there's only one great hound from another continent and that's the saluki fella another fact.atb bill

Bill, you seriously trying to compare a pharoah hound against a galgo?! Tut tut tut

• Like 2
On 20 June 2018 at 22:57, shaaark said:

Bill, you seriously trying to compare a pharoah hound against a galgo?! Tut tut tut

When did I say that no comparission ,the just his thus there's only one pure type on the planet that made head ways in these  islands and that's a saluki  be silly to compare a gal go with a saluki want it ,I see gas this we had enough clowns trying make headway with breeds in the coursing world ,the proof of the jist his there love or loath the saluki his the main ingredient to begot the great coursing animals of the last forty yrs,no Gallo and the other mix was a fecking lurcher and I those lurcher was very little greyhound and certainly no Galgo.when the greyhound was added fa extra pace they all fecking jacked .atb bill

• Like 1

when I put a greyhound to a  first cross they were no good, I put the same bitch to boozers pure fred and they were spot on, people will say I used wrong type greyhound but there all crap end of story, f1 only after that another coursing dog or saluki the only way to improve on the original.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, two crows said:

when I put a greyhound to a  first cross they were no good, I put the same bitch to boozers pure fred and they were spot on, people will say I used wrong type greyhound but there all crap end of story, f1 only after that another coursing dog or saluki the only way to improve on the original.

Should of used a bullzoi the crows

Yes and if some use pure Saluki for their base Billy they will end up with dogs too slow to catch a cold when crossed with anything else like Collie, Bull, Bedlington, etc..... The Greyhound will always have a massive influence in the Lurcher world.

The base in a lurched fa me his the working animal be it terrier cur etc,hthe greyhound his nothing but a detriment in a lurcher when moved from the f1  continuous adding greyhound either by using greyhound lurchers or pure y'all end up with bastardised greyhound no wind no puff no stamina and no brain no foot.thats what's being got over . And for what's it's worth not all Salukis are slow ,.i have bred them to collie curs  plenty speed gears everything needed in a jukes with that extra bit of running ability.atb bill

• Like 2