The wild beaver thread

....... Kind of inspired by all of the big cat threads :whistling:

In the past, when I used to be enthusiastic about going looking for it, I would often encounter wild beaver :yes:

........ Usually a short while after last orders - there didn't seem to be a usual habitat, they could be found anywhere from alleyways to back seats of cars and even strange houses that I'd never been in before.

On the whole, they'd be friendly creatures, although some would need a little coaxing to eat from your hand.

As with any wildlife, some could have a condition or a parasite that may need to be dealt with later :blink:

However, despite the risks, I found it to be a rewarding pastime in my younger years.

....... Alas, I did have a few pictures of these creatures but, they are now long gone.

So chaps, here's your thread to regale your stories of wild British beaver and, of course, provide photographic evidence :whistling:;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John d said:

I’ve never seen one here but in Sweden we used to get loads of jobs tidying up the little fuckers handiwork lol

quite amazing how an animal can destroy a good solid tree over night and some of the chips the bite off are mad! If one bit you it would strip you to the bone and defo bite a finger off imo.

few photos from job we did in Stockholm.....took one beaver 48hrs!

AB276145-1F63-4D07-9F5D-9B30E5ECC712.jpeg.37bc91155748f7aa01ed62e86ef49587.jpeg69B731F7-8BCD-4EDB-9CF5-7D6F7CA39F04.jpeg.ddc35e3d82a4730239a9162d0fe6f126.jpegFD839844-2EF7-4E5A-B6F1-4C9A5352FDF9.jpeg.a766cb32dca10f4a7c31c96df6138746.jpeg

This was off another job we did and it still amazes the time and effort it put into that and to fell it the right way!

7B26EA47-BED0-4859-8D49-38875092113E.jpeg.0e65e1fe2db8f7981c5784368e56e80a.jpeg

Seen quite a few of these gnawed trees in Canada,wouldnt like to be bit off one of the little fuckers :blink:

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, sussex said:

I’m lead to believe there’s quite a few bald beavers about now , never see one in my day , I dare say they are as much trouble as a furry beaver ..

The bald ones are fine... you’ve just got to watch out for the long haired German ones, vicious as fcuk and piss all over each other?

15 minutes ago, si brown said:

The bald ones are fine... you’ve just got to watch out for the long haired German ones, vicious as fcuk and piss all over each other?

I shall bow to your clearly superior knowledge mate ...?

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Austrians are much worse ?

I've had more than my fair share of beaver from all over Europe and the world beyond..... I have to say the best so far, has been the very sexy and beautiful Lithuanian beaver.... I have a video somewhere of the encounter ?

The filthiest was easily the notorious Blackpool Beaver! That fuucker made off with a mobile phone ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3