Wheeler type picture from past and present

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And booth claimed to own her to but you couldn’t believe the radio in his house 

Anyone that talks about himself as the third person is on a huge ego trip "Booths" this and that, what a twat

Back on topic, a young wheeler type brother and sister we have. All to prove this season 

Posted Images

One sent over to pd and pf here in Ireland dug alot of game but it was absolute carnage on the dog everytime he was in the  ground. If he was a bit bigger it would have suited him better as he was just a bit small for his heart. Didn't throw anything decent really.

31 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Where did you get it from as i remember Paul who owned Keith having one back off Derek out of Keith and sally2/Rose.Right looking thing but a right load of shit by all accounts.

Guest Navek
4 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i found these in my old photobucket account , not sure who sent it me imfo just says Spike's sire Keith , and one eyed Tess mated to Nuttalls Micky 

spikessirekeith2.jpg

post-58824-0-03192900-1485729335.jpg

Did that tess come from Staffordshire way .. 

5 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i found these in my old photobucket account , not sure who sent it me imfo just says Spike's sire Keith , and one eyed Tess mated to Nuttalls Micky 

spikessirekeith2.jpg

post-58824-0-03192900-1485729335.jpg

So Nuttal was making BullX's in the late 80's

But there's no bull blood in anyone's Nuttal Patterdales? That's handy isn't it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Bryan said:

So Nuttal was making BullX's in the late 80's

But there's no bull blood in anyone's Nuttal Patterdales? That's handy isn't it 

This might finally explain the missing “Border line” that appears in Nuttals pedigrees in the 80’s. Photographs like these are invaluable in any strains history. I could never believe that BN would know the names of dogs in his line going back decades from Breay and Buck but could only write “Border dog and Border bitch” for the missing line. Something was not right with those pedigrees. It was obvious to dog men that bull was added, but denied again and again by Patterdale owners. Perhaps this is the missing link?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Tess wasnt mated to a nittals Mickey

Like i said both photos sent to me with notes attached the bull blood doesn't interest me from my limited experience of staff bull blooded dogs not so much Wheeler as the gould stuff they are to hard and have poor teeth 

The bull blood is in lines now did it actually improve them or did it just produce dogs that won't last the pace or like to bully there quarry but then decide to quit when it's not going there way.

You'd get a different answer for every man you asked that question to I'd say Chesney. The best way, in my eyes for the right answers, is to actually see who has the better kennels of dogs that keep producing, and ask their opinion. Because they must be doing something right.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, p3d said:

This might finally explain the missing “Border line” that appears in Nuttals pedigrees in the 80’s. Photographs like these are invaluable in any strains history. I could never believe that BN would know the names of dogs in his line going back decades from Breay and Buck but could only write “Border dog and Border bitch” for the missing line. Something was not right with those pedigrees. It was obvious to dog men that bull was added, but denied again and again by Patterdale owners. Perhaps this is the missing link?

That is not where the bull was added that was border terriers, I don't think Brian took a pup out of Dw litter  I could be wrong, at that time he was trying to get away from bull blood , this doesn't mean he may not of used it a gen or so down the line, it was about 10 years latter Brian used a bull outcross

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 1