WANTED. collie x greyhound puppy.

is there anyone out there who knows of a litter of collie x greyhounds or knows of a planned litter cos i can wait for the right pup.

ive advertised in classifieds on here but trying to catch someones eye who maybe wont look through the classifieds but might know of a litter.

thank you JE...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't have much luck replying to your question through messages.....so I'll try here.... Mines not as busy, busy as a springer ,neither crashes cover like one, but has the drive to hunt of one.

A lot of guys stipulate, that it must be a genuine, Collie x Greyhound that they desire,..but in reality,..they don't really need such an animal..... Most lads would be far better served with a c

Sounds good fun Shortstraw I've kept all sorts, big and small, fast (and not so fast)...and enjoyed working with them all, but ya can't beat having a bit of a mouch, with a genuine hunting cur...

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, japs eye said:

is there anyone out there who knows of a litter of collie x greyhounds or knows of a planned litter cos i can wait for the right pup.

ive advertised in classifieds on here but trying to catch someones eye who maybe wont look through the classifieds but might know of a litter.

thank you JE...

If you've time on your hands, have you thought about breeding your own from a greyound bitch and using a working collie from any farmers that are willing to let you use one of their dogs?

• Like 1

Tell you what know i keep gi him stick but tbf if i wanted summat what had collie in you cabt go far wrong than gerrin a pup off that peddling b*****ds collie type dog ok its got a ticklle a bull or whatever else but be good pups back to ote 

Thanks for listening

• Like 1

I know this is going to get a whole load of shit on here but Hancock the best dog I've ever seen in 30 plus years was a Hancock and I've been out with some good lads over the years.my last dog was a 3/4 greyhound 1/8th beardie 1/8th border blue merle 26.5tts off him and it was a speed machine had to introduce it to teeth steady on the back end a few times but by coming upto 3 1/2- 4 he was a single handed dog. I don't know what he's producing now but are genuine collie crosses and you get out what you put in.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I know this is going to get a whole load of shit on here but Hancock the best dog I've ever seen in 30 plus years was a Hancock and I've been out with some good lads over the years.my last dog was a 3/4 greyhound 1/8th beardie 1/8th border blue merle 26.5tts off him and it was a speed machine had to introduce it to teeth steady on the back end a few times but by coming upto 3 1/2- 4 he was a single handed dog. I don't know what he's producing now but are genuine collie crosses and you get out what you put in.

Its a crying shame that folk have to visit a peddlars yard to source a true lurcher,collie/grey hybrid.When a mush and his daughter are responsible for taking honest brass off countless individuals,in their pursuit of an honest runner,breed an high percentage of dross and throw the odd worthwhile lurcher in their pursuit of dollar,then it boils my urine more than bull shit bull breeders.Why source a pup from a yard that breeds far more shite than silver?.If i wanted a decent Collie cur id rather do without than line a chancers purse.Breed your own,a coursing bred grey over a decent hill border,the grey will cost you zilch and the line a pack of lager.Fair play you may have to wait a while whilst the grey breaks down etc.,but id rather take that path and show some commitment than take the easy option.Don,t get me going about Hancocks doing the same thing because you do it in the pursuit of a mutt of choice and share the progeny,the peddlars do it for dollar and feck to quality control.

• Like 3

Where I agree with you about being a peddler puppy farmer etc I've had 2 good dogs off him but last was 2002 and 1 before around 94 I don't know what his current stock are like or prices but I put time and effort into them and like the other dog I mentioned he did the same I know plenty of farmers with good collies I just wouldn't want to breed my own anymore  I'd prefer to just wait for the right dog and as my next will be my last I'm after something a little different from my usual collie type but didn't want to start a Hancock debate seen enough on here 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

If you've time on your hands, have you thought about breeding your own from a greyound bitch and using a working collie from any farmers that are willing to let you use one of their dogs?

dont want to go through all the hasstle shaaaark.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Where I agree with you about being a peddler puppy farmer etc I've had 2 good dogs off him but last was 2002 and 1 before around 94 I don't know what his current stock are like or prices but I put time and effort into them and like the other dog I mentioned he did the same I know plenty of farmers with good collies I just wouldn't want to breed my own anymore  I'd prefer to just wait for the right dog and as my next will be my last I'm after something a little different from my usual collie type but didn't want to start a Hancock debate seen enough on here 

Start a colllie topic and ill warrant you will piss on an hornets nest.I wish i had my time over again because i know of a farm Collie that would sire a better type of lurcher than most,brains-without saying,stamina-what decent farm cur does not,25",that takes him above average,catches bunnys and kills the odd wayward fox,now he,s becoming a tad more than average,guards like an Alsatian and his fiercely loyal to only the Farmer and ignores all other command.Plus his breeding made a world record price at Skipton a few years ago.You can breed Collie lurchers and then you can breed collie lurchers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, morton said:

Start a colllie topic and ill warrant you will piss on an hornets nest.I wish i had my time over again because i know of a farm Collie that would sire a better type of lurcher than most,brains-without saying,stamina-what decent farm cur does not,25",that takes him above average,catches bunnys and kills the odd wayward fox,now he,s becoming a tad more than average,guards like an Alsatian and his fiercely loyal to only the Farmer and ignores all other command.Plus his breeding made a world record price at Skipton a few years ago.You can breed Collie lurchers and then you can breed collie lurchers.

Surley you cant say it would breed good lurchers wi out trying it could throw a load of old crap 

World record price nigga please

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of guys stipulate, that it must be a genuine, Collie x Greyhound that they desire,..but in reality,..they don't really need such an animal.....:yes:

Most lads would be far better served with a crossbred cur that has obvious Sheepdog traits but also has, a wee bit of something else in its ancestry..

In my experience, for a man to obtain the very best out of a Collie x Greyhound, he has to really want one,..badly...?

AK1A2383.thumb.JPG.003a36177f102f81125dbb12825ca8a2.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Phil Lloyd said:

A lot of guys stipulate, that it must be a genuine, Collie x Greyhound that they desire,..but in reality,..they don't really need such an animal.....:yes:

Most lads would be far better served with a crossbred cur that has obvious Sheepdog traits but also has, a wee bit of something else in its ancestry..

In my experience, for a man to obtain the very best out of a Collie x Greyhound, he has to really want one,..badly...?

Happy fathers day phil?

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Surley you cant say it would breed good lurchers wi out trying it could throw a load of old crap 

World record price nigga please

Id guarantee it would produce better lurchers than the peddlars,id also guarantee that id breed a better litter in the first instance than any Hancock litter and with a little perseverance in the next litter or 3 id be heads and arses above the average dross available,again i don,t have the time or inclination,it took me 30 years or more to get comfortable with my Deerhoundy/collie dross,i don,t have them years left,many do?.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Philip,we are now an ancient breed that still recognise a true lurcher,the majority of folk now would,nt recognise a lurcher that marked a warren,pushed cover to a net,took an hare of its seat,used its fecking nose to find game and could run without the aid of a lamp or being tossed out of a 4+4.The average collie bred lurcher was always more Einstein that its owner,The average Bull x now as more nous than the average lurcher owner,so how the feck is the collie lurcher expected to adapt to modern ownership.

• Like 4