WANTED. collie x greyhound puppy.

14 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Sounds good fun Shortstraw:yes:

I've kept all sorts, big and small, fast (and not so fast)...and enjoyed working with them all, but ya can't beat having a bit of a mouch, with a genuine hunting cur...:clapper:

scan0020.thumb.jpg.f9984fab5993e5ee4516c781884bbb3f.jpg

did you say cur or car hears mine

DSCF7169.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't have much luck replying to your question through messages.....so I'll try here.... Mines not as busy, busy as a springer ,neither crashes cover like one, but has the drive to hunt of one.

A lot of guys stipulate, that it must be a genuine, Collie x Greyhound that they desire,..but in reality,..they don't really need such an animal..... Most lads would be far better served with a c

Sounds good fun Shortstraw I've kept all sorts, big and small, fast (and not so fast)...and enjoyed working with them all, but ya can't beat having a bit of a mouch, with a genuine hunting cur...

Posted Images

On 20 June 2018 at 00:00, billhardy said:

These spaniel cur Lurcher types are par excellent fa the fa the day time moucher those we bred were surprisingly quick and sharp with a very very high trait ta please.atb bill

We used a saluki Lurcher sire don southerd lines ,on reflection now fa  a natural type jukel just about the best I seen that type and I seen all types just a drop of spaniel blood and hey. Presto takes em to another level.   Atb bill

2 minutes ago, billhardy said:

We used a saluki Lurcher sire don southerd lines ,on reflection now fa  a natural type jukel just about the best I seen that type and I seen all types just a drop of spaniel blood and hey. Presto takes em to another level.   Atb bill

dons original lady had some spaniel in I believe,if any one wants a lineing this is a proper dog but bad picture lol

DSCF2509.JPG

• Like 2

I think gun dog x greyhounds will make great day time dogs , iv got gwp collie grey bitch and she’s got hell of a nose , when I’m older il be looking at small mooching Lurchers maybe whippet x spaniel some just to catch a few rabbit s

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Wild-Bill said:

Anyone tried Labrador / Greyhound?

seen two from the same litter in the 1970s, both decent dogs, as far as catching stuff went, one was racy and the other cloddy, the cloddy one used to kill hares, he ran like a fen dog, every race lasted five mins and he kill it in the dyke, and he yapped the whole time lol

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, two crows said:

seen two from the same litter in the 1970s, both decent dogs, as far as catching stuff went, one was racy and the other cloddy, the cloddy one used to kill hares, he ran like a fen dog, every race lasted five mins and he kill it in the dyke, and he yapped the whole time lol

I've seen pure labs do similar, coursing hares on shoot days with their owner yelling 'til he's red in the face. Too late to train them in the shooting field:D

I like the "Moggy". I've travelled miles in them, mostly the vans and travellers though.?I believe there's a factory somewhere that makes upgraded parts and electronic ignition and so on for them now.