WANTED. collie x greyhound puppy.

16 hours ago, morton said:

Philip,we are now an ancient breed that still recognise a true lurcher,the majority of folk now would,nt recognise a lurcher that marked a warren,pushed cover to a net,took an hare of its seat,used its fecking nose to find game and could run without the aid of a lamp or being tossed out of a 4+4.The average collie bred lurcher was always more Einstein that its owner,The average Bull x now as more nous than the average lurcher owner,so how the feck is the collie lurcher expected to adapt to modern ownership.

Not every modern day young Lurcher owner buys in to the you need bull blood in a Lurcher for it to be good some of us still stick an have faith in the old school bred gear ticks all the boxes for all aspects of Lurcher work day/night some of us are smart enough to train our dogs An want the best out of our dogs us modern day lot are not all in need of a point an aim merchant 

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't have much luck replying to your question through messages.....so I'll try here.... Mines not as busy, busy as a springer ,neither crashes cover like one, but has the drive to hunt of one.

A lot of guys stipulate, that it must be a genuine, Collie x Greyhound that they desire,..but in reality,..they don't really need such an animal..... Most lads would be far better served with a c

Sounds good fun Shortstraw I've kept all sorts, big and small, fast (and not so fast)...and enjoyed working with them all, but ya can't beat having a bit of a mouch, with a genuine hunting cur...

Posted Images

6 hours ago, poxon said:

Not every modern day young Lurcher owner buys in to the you need bull blood in a Lurcher for it to be good some of us still stick an have faith in the old school bred gear ticks all the boxes for all aspects of Lurcher work day/night some of us are smart enough to train our dogs An want the best out of our dogs us modern day lot are not all in need of a point an aim merchant 

Wise words indeed

7 hours ago, poxon said:

there might be hope yet .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

What on  bull blood or spaniel a lad i knew had a span x whip that a pure pit got to he kep 2 pups bloody useless they was?

There’s a guy on the fb I’m on that uses spaniel x bedlington x whippets great little cross he does really well with them 

Not many about, but if you like mooching about and you want something to hunt catch and carry.....handy enjoyable dog to have about. You'll get better lamping dogs ( if we're talking half cross spaniel) but for fun daytime hunting they take some beating.

• Like 1
Just now, poxon said:

I’d give a spaniel x a fair crack with bushing/ferreting no problem if it was out the right gear

I have a 10 year old cocker dog here he never stops. finds anything someone shot a fox one day andi did not know and he was trying like f**k to fetch it out the brambles, I would have a lurcher off him in a heartbeat no probs.

• Like 1