Best part of uk to live

2 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

Both me and the misses got job that could take us anywhere really be nice to have the option to go elsewhere 

Owain my advice to you would be to move mate.

Don't get me wrong I'm proud to be Welsh and love everything Welsh.

But especially s.wales the whole place was built for mines.and now that way of life has gone the whole village in work through the mines has sadly gone.i think we missed the boat by about 60yrs.

Nearly every valley is a shadow of its former self.

I've been out mooching about this evening through fields of wheat and rapeseed watching hares.you can't do that in s.wales.

The best thing we ever done was move.

• Like 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, king said:

But especially s.wales the whole place was built for mines.and now that way of life has gone the whole village in work through the mines has sadly gone.i think we missed the boat by about 60yrs.

I've been out mooching about this evening through fields of wheat and rapeseed watching hares.you can't do that in s.wales.

There’s temporary housing from the war that are still being lived in lol 

aye the mines have gone but a lot the lads are working on the rails and for bloody good money aswell iv got a solid job could still be in the Same place in 40 years but I need a focus so hopefully having ago at the rails soon and triple my monthly wage but quarry wise , the way we hunt I love it just out this morning gave me a buzz was out a hour seen f**k all but the thought being out come September gave me the thrill 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

There’s temporary housing from the war that are still being lived in lol 

aye the mines have gone but a lot the lads are working on the rails and for bloody good money aswell iv got a solid job could still be in the Same place in 40 years but I need a focus so hopefully having ago at the rails soon and triple my monthly wage but quarry wise , the way we hunt I love it just out this morning gave me a buzz was out a hour seen f**k all but the thought being out come September gave me the thrill 

Yea them concrete section hovis loaf looking things.with roof tiles halfway down the house lol.

The thing is you got age on your side.if you did move and didn't like it just move back.

But you might sit in your arm chair at 65 thinking I wonder what it would of been like to move.

I can go down to Tesco and not 1 person knows me. I can walk the whole town and the same.its fexking great.

What rails are the lads on the main Swansea to London line

I like living in Plymouth tbh ... Within 30 miles you can see roe,fallow,red,rabbit, hare and fox. We have good bass,flounder,ray,Conger,mullet and bream fishing. We can dig rag and lug, net sandeel and prawn aswell as collect  peelers all year. Beaches of sand or pebble, the Moors and fields of both stock and arable. I think tbh we have it all

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I like living in Plymouth tbh ... Within 30 miles you can see roe,fallow,red,rabbit, hare and fox. We have good bass,flounder,ray,Conger,mullet and bream fishing. We can dig rag and lug, net sandeel and prawn aswell as collect  peelers all year. Beaches of sand or pebble, the Moors and fields of both stock and arable. I think tbh we have it all

that sounds good, lucky bloke

55 minutes ago, king said:

f**k off back and fall down a mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I quite appreciate where I live, I can be in the North Sea with in 60 seconds, out the front window I see the Isle of Man, out the back I look at the hills of the Lake District, we have no gang culture, towns booming with work.... And no Muslim communities... At all... On the downside the town centre is a shit hole...but on the whole... I'd not move from 

Home is where your friends are.

All over england,scotland and northern ireland there are some beautiful rural places with most of what people need to live happily.

if you really wanted to leave your friends and family and move anywhere in the uk there's nothing stopping anybody.

Scotland looks something else but exmoor would suit me.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Home is where your friends are.

All over england,scotland and northern ireland there are some beautiful rural places with most of what people need to live happily.

if you really wanted to leave your friends and family and move anywhere in the uk there's nothing stopping anybody.

Scotland looks something else but exmoor would suit me.

The rumour is all your friends fecked you off ?

I was born in a large town in South Hampshire but spent a few years (in my late teens and early twenties) in Cornwall and Cumbria before "accidentally" moving back to South Hampshire.? Long story!

My wife and I would love to move to Devon (where we spend every spare moment we can) as I feel more "at home" there. However, she has a single family commitment which makes that impossible. 

But, thinking more generally, I did enjoy life in Cornwall too. I really felt as though I was in a slightly different country. I know that sounds odd but when you watched the national news etc you had the feeling it was something that didn't effect you and the pace of life was slower. I have a cousin who spent a few years in Eire and she says that was similar (not the "slightly" different country bit though?). My other choice would be the Wye Valley.

Don’t bother coming down to Sussex , there’s no game , no deer , shite scenery, nothing to hunt , fishing’s crap  weathers poxy ..no housing , no jobs ,full of immigrants the whole place is a tip ..if only I could afford to move back to Bethnal Green I’d be back like a shot ..

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4