Best part of uk to live

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Except for the Antarctic lol, did you avoid the crowds today?

Cheers, D.

Yea mate dozen people down there that all, my lad went for a snorkel the water was gin clear. Really was one of them days when you say "you can't buy that".

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
On 17/06/2018 at 22:55, forest of dean redneck said:

No I from rural Dorset with a carrot crunching accent so they all thought I was from that there Bristol ??

never forget when my second eldest was born ,it was a Home birth as ambulance was refusing to attend and midwife when she eventually arrived started counting his fingers and toes I gave her such a dirty look.

I'm from the Gloucestershire Cotswolds but live just 'out of area' in South Oxfordshire' now. I'm in the Forst fairly regularly and love the area but have just learned to run,then hunker down and pull a thermal blanket over my head at the first sound of banjo music...............

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Lost Generation said:

I'm from the Gloucestershire Cotswolds but live just 'out of area' in South Oxfordshire' now. I'm in the Forst fairly regularly and love the area but have just learned to run,then hunker down and pull a thermal blanket over my head at the first sound of banjo music...............

Feel the same when I drive through zinderford ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Feel the same when I drive through zinderford ?

There really are people just like that in the forest . I was in a pub called the masons arms or known locally as the bush in joys green , upper lydbrook area , and a guy walked in wearing a brown drovers coat ( no shirt) he had a cap on his head that was 10 sizes too small , and he had the legs on his trousers held up with bailing twine (wurzel gummage style ) hob nail boots . And no eye brows and a bright red face . I said to my mate who was a local , “he looks a bit strange old butt “ , he told me “ah that’s Monty , he was cold and he had no wood to burn so he took a door off , poured petrol on it and blew himself up “. True story !

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

There really are people just like that in the forest . I was in a pub called the masons arms or known locally as the bush in joys green , upper lydbrook area , and a guy walked in wearing a brown drovers coat ( no shirt) he had a cap on his head that was 10 sizes too small , and he had the legs on his trousers held up with bailing twine (wurzel gummage style ) hob nail boots . And no eye brows and a bright red face . I said to my mate who was a local , “he looks a bit strange old butt “ , he told me “ah that’s Monty , he was cold and he had no wood to burn so he took a door off , poured petrol on it and blew himself up “. True story !

After I wrote this I googled the pub and joys green to see if it’s still there . It’s shut now , but I found out that a film was made about Monty , I don’t know how to post it on here it’s on you tube, it’s called “Monty “ a film by Derek Jones 1981 . It’s quite sad to watch the hapless Monty being teased by the local kids . But it will give anyone interested a real insight into the people of the Forest of Dean . 

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

After I wrote this I googled the pub and joys green to see if it’s still there . It’s shut now , but I found out that a film was made about Monty , I don’t know how to post it on here it’s on you tube, it’s called “Monty “ a film by Derek Jones 1981 . It’s quite sad to watch the hapless Monty being teased by the local kids . But it will give anyone interested a real insight into the people of the Forest of Dean . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Working in Middlesbrough, it's one of the places in the United Kingdom where i certainly wouldn't want to live......

Yup,or this place wouldn't get a neighbourhood of the year award :icon_eek:

• Haha 2