Best part of uk to live

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

I'm from Exeter mate, SHH is from Plymouth, I know that bit of river well though...married a Plymouth girl.. 

The teign and the Exe are where I do most of my fishing...you from this way then??

6 hours ago, fireman said:

It is sort of funny and when you needed pulling out the other year,BUT you have children now bud and going out on the mud flats on your own for a few peelers is pushing your luck and not fecking worth it.Ffs take care mate,,?..

I'm alrite bud ... I had at least 4 hours fireman ?  it was only 2 years ago believe it or not mate so I had 2 of the girls .... One sat and watched me get pulled out

• Like 1
17 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

It does look similar to the top your right ? ... Main difference is we don't get the big flatties ?

The flounders seem to be in decline SHH on the Teign, When my lads were young used to get some good ones on the Dart but only certain places. Used  to have about 500 pot on the Dart and was up to my knees doing them one day, a dredger had been in and taken a swipe out of the fore shore,  i was so lucky the hole was nearly six foot deep, it went down over my waders but one more step. It filled with silt and was soft as shit I new were its was but some of the pot raider got caught out.

Do you think Seals are affecting the flounder stocks? As Seal numbers have really increased big time, they come right up to the weir on the Dart mainly after game fish but i've often seen them eating flounder and big ones at that.

Cheers Arry 

7 hours ago, Arry said:

The flounders seem to be in decline SHH on the Teign, When my lads were young used to get some good ones on the Dart but only certain places. Used  to have about 500 pot on the Dart and was up to my knees doing them one day, a dredger had been in and taken a swipe out of the fore shore,  i was so lucky the hole was nearly six foot deep, it went down over my waders but one more step. It filled with silt and was soft as shit I new were its was but some of the pot raider got caught out.

Do you think Seals are affecting the flounder stocks? As Seal numbers have really increased big time, they come right up to the weir on the Dart mainly after game fish but i've often seen them eating flounder and big ones at that.

Cheers Arry 

I dunno mate because I've not seen them on spots on the Tamar, tavy  or plym. Seen them part way up the Tamar but it's not a spot you'd fish for them tbh, it's not a tidal part

12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I dunno mate because I've not seen them on spots on the Tamar, tavy  or plym. Seen them part way up the Tamar but it's not a spot you'd fish for them tbh, it's not a tidal part

Have you ever tried under that little castle or that sandy spit where your pots are? Looks similar to spots I used to fish on the dart. Also can you walk that little gully that goes out towards the channel if its firm enough the sides fish well for pots. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs mate.

Cheers Arry