Best part of uk to live

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

In an ideal world, i'd love to live in the Lake district but with zero tourists...

Easily achievable through the week in the winter mate when all the Manchester brokers who own glenridding and patterdale are at work 

if it’s the tourists that bother you pal , I know you like it up there, why not look at out west , 20 30 mins away are those seamless villages between cockermouth and Whitehaven that all run into each other , the nearer the coast you go the more likely you’ll fit in . 

In Kells or the moor is nearly mandatory to have a bull lurcher and a patterdale 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Looks nice and I like the border reiver /bastle history ,might be popping up I fancy a move somewhen ?

If your into the reiver thing mate, which I am also , try a book called the steel bonnets by George McDonald Fraser. 

Well worth a read 

just a thing to say that bar the common ridings , the larger towns of gala , Selkirk, etc have kind of stolen the reivers thing 

the true heartland was a square from Moffat to Hawick to haltwhistle and carlisle 

the debateable lands it was called with liddlesdale and bewcastle being the epicentre 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If your into the reiver thing mate, which I am also , try a book called the steel bonnets by George McDonald Fraser. 

Well worth a read 

just a thing to say that bar the common ridings , the larger towns of gala , Selkirk, etc have kind of stolen the reivers thing 

the true heartland was a square from Moffat to Hawick to haltwhistle and carlisle 

the debateable lands it was called with liddlesdale and bewcastle being the epicentre 

Heard of the steel bonnet book before cheers

but thanks for the other info it’s very interesting ?

15 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

In an ideal world, i'd love to live in the Lake district but with zero tourists...

Yep, I can agree with that mate.

Loved Hawkshead when I visited (as a tourist ! Lol) 

People are f***ing normal up there, you can strike up a conversation with a stranger and they don’t think you want to kill them and take their wallet! 

Great call mate

• Like 1
18 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Had to put some crab pots out today, 4 miles as a crow flies from my house. Hard work but worth it for the surroundings

IMG_20180707_164120.jpg

IMG_20180707_172430.jpg

IMG_20180707_172452.jpg

Just mind that mud it can get sticky at times mate.?..

On 16 June 2018 at 19:11, Wales1234 said:

I always say I’d love to live in different part of the country somewhere with more game to chase but realistically there’s not a lot of places like Wales where you can walk for miles with out seeing a person or a road , I think I’d either like to go Scotland right up the top or mid Wales more rural seen as I live in a big town ! what do you lot reckons best place in uk to live 

Going right back to the OP, i,ve just been over to your very own neck of the woods, and for me the place was pretty stunning and the house prices very attractive, I,m just over the hill from you above  penderyn only complaint fishing was a bit hard

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Got stuck when putting out for about 20 mins, had to dig myself by hand

It is sort of funny and when you needed pulling out the other year,BUT you have children now bud and going out on the mud flats on your own for a few peelers is pushing your luck and not fecking worth it.Ffs take care mate,,?..

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fireman said:

It is sort of funny and when you needed pulling out the other year,BUT you have children now bud and going out on the mud flats on your own for a few peelers is pushing your luck and not fecking worth it.Ffs take care mate,,?..

Can be a dodgy game if you don't keep your site about you, that flooding tide waits for no man!!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Can be a dodgy game if you don't keep your site about you, that flooding tide waits for no man!!

He was a lucky lad who had a close call a few years back mate,just reminding him ,,?..

• Like 1