Best part of uk to live

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Arry said:

My father used to say "Do you know people don't appreciate where they live", he was taking about down here, he was so right. Alway took that on board, when out whether it be ferreting, fishing, shooting or just foraging for mushroom. I don't think theres a trip that goes by ether my mate or myself will stop look around and say some thing like," look at that, you can't buy it" or " we arnt half luck living were we live", usually when we stop to catch are breath climbing a hill. Lol. Devon is a great place to live, but your ether going up a hill or down one.

Cheers Arry

Bang on mate..

ive drummed it into my kids how lucky they are..

Finley is in an after school surfing club, he gets on the school mini bus at 3-30 and is in the water at 5 for 2 hours back to be picked up at 8-30... now how many kids around the country get to be taught how to surf through school??

I honestly love Devon and Cornwall, it’s nowhere near as breathtaking as the highlands, Lake District or Snowdonia or stunning as the west coast of Scotland, none of the cut and thrust of London, Manchester, Liverpool etc..

its a prick to get anywhere unlike the midlands, 

but.... I can be on a decent beach in 20 minutes, on the moors in 15 minutes, fish rivers for everything from chub, bream and roach to bass, mullet, giltheads, flounder (within a 5 mile stretch!!)...

im not gonna mention game but there is certainly enough to keep a lurcher or 2, ferrets and a terrier..( or a gun if you’re a poof!! Lol)..

there’s enough going on in Exeter and although Plymouth is a dump (joking!!) it’s great for a night out....

The only problem coming is estates are spreading, the towns are starting to burst at the seams.. Exeter is a changed town, and can only get worse, we are becoming a bit of a overspill for other councils who can’t hone everyone.. 

ive got out in the country enough to avoid the shittier stuff... for now... 

but generally if you like to be outdoors I can’t think of many better places..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Bang on mate..

ive drummed it into my kids how lucky they are..

Finley is in an after school surfing club, he gets on the school mini bus at 3-30 and is in the water at 5 for 2 hours back to be picked up at 8-30... now how many kids around the country get to be taught how to surf through school??

I honestly love Devon and Cornwall, it’s nowhere near as breathtaking as the highlands, Lake District or Snowdonia or stunning as the west coast of Scotland, none of the cut and thrust of London, Manchester, Liverpool etc..

its a prick to get anywhere unlike the midlands, 

but.... I can be on a decent beach in 20 minutes, on the moors in 15 minutes, fish rivers for everything from chub, bream and roach to bass, mullet, giltheads, flounder (within a 5 mile stretch!!)...

im not gonna mention game but there is certainly enough to keep a lurcher or 2, ferrets and a terrier..( or a gun if you’re a poof!! Lol)..

there’s enough going on in Exeter and although Plymouth is a dump (joking!!) it’s great for a night out....

The only problem coming is estates are spreading, the towns are starting to burst at the seams.. Exeter is a changed town, and can only get worse, we are becoming a bit of a overspill for other councils who can’t hone everyone.. 

ive got out in the country enough to avoid the shittier stuff... for now... 

but generally if you like to be outdoors I can’t think of many better places..

I’d move down there tomorrow mate, I know a few little bits  and I like the bits I’ve seen, but the mrs don’t fancy it due to the lack of connections for work (mainly London)

I can work anywhere but she is an honorary brummy now apart from when she’s on the phone to her mom or sister back in deepest darkest debn! Gurt lush!

• Haha 1

I love where I am in Gloucestershire. Beautiful countryside, great shooting/ hunting and fishing opportunities. All the royals can’t be wrong Charley and Ann just down the road . But I also love Cornwall , the Lakes , Brecon Beacons. Also the people in Bolton / Westhaughton where I’ve got family are the friendliest in the world . Basically Great Britain has got the lot . We are all lucky in one way or another.?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mattyg said:

I’d move down there tomorrow mate, I know a few little bits  and I like the bits I’ve seen, but the mrs don’t fancy it due to the lack of connections for work (mainly London)

I can work anywhere but she is an honorary brummy now apart from when she’s on the phone to her mom or sister back in deepest darkest debn! Gurt lush!

Girt lush is Bristol mate... don’t tar us with that brush!! Lol

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mattyg said:

She spent a bit of time in brizzle aswell.... Tiverton originally! 

Bloody hell mate, you deserve a bloody great medal... thought I was brave marrying a Plymouth girl lol