Best part of uk to live

On 16/06/2018 at 20:09, mackem said:

I enjoy living in Surrey,good quality of life,london on the doorstep,its the most wooded county in England,lots of wildlife and good fishing.

Traffic and house prices are the worst thing about it.

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

TBH living in the East Midlands ain't bad. No one comes on holiday here, it's probably one of the cheapest parts of the UK to live (still too expensive though) and if you get into the wolds it's really very scenic. There's no decent coast line though, and a distinct lack of deer. One great thing is you're never that far from anywhere. I can be in the lakes, East Anglia or south coast by breakfast, the highlands for noon or St Pancras in 2 hours.

There's a rich history of fox hunting, coursing and terriers around here as well as general English history, the enlightenment, Robin Hood, the Danelaw etc.

It ain't best at all but you gotta appreciate the positives.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

TBH living in the East Midlands ain't bad. No one comes on holiday here, it's probably one of the cheapest parts of the UK to live (still too expensive though) and if you get into the wolds it's really very scenic. There's no decent coast line though, and a distinct lack of deer. One great thing is you're never that far from anywhere. I can be in the lakes, East Anglia or south coast by breakfast, the highlands for noon or St Pancras in 2 hours.

There's a rich history of fox hunting, coursing and terriers around here as well as general English history, the enlightenment, Robin Hood, the Danelaw etc.

Glass half full like your style ??

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Glass half full like your style ??

I'm starting to learn that just complaining about the shit you don't have is toxic. You gotta see what you have got, make the most of it and go find what else you want. Otherwise you're too busy holding yourself in a negative state of mind to enjoy what you do have.

If I had the resource I'd have 'bases' all over the world. There's a lot out there and I don't think any one place has it all.

Talking about appreciating the positives. How f***ing great is it to be a 'hunter'/outdoorsman/countryman? I see so many townies that only actually enjoy half of the year, they live for the summer months and then turn mildly depressed through the wet and cold months. I genuinely feel privileged to have the passions that I do, I live for the winter months to enjoy my sporting passions but still feel no sadness when it ends and summer arrives because who doesn't like summer? LOL. Of course there is still roe buck stalking, shoot management, fishing (if that's your thing) etc but low intensity. It's just f***ing great.

That makes me sound all sunshine and rainbows, lol, I'm not.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, fireman said:

I lived on hippy sites for nigh on 20 years,went to many festivals,raves etc and thought i'd seen every sort of odd ball.Then i moved to Norfolk ?,deffo a strange lot...

If they have a criminal record, they write NFN next to there name, as what is classed as backwards in other places  is considered normal for Norfolk or NFN the only other place in the country I,ve seen this is bridgewater in Somerset were they add NFB next to there names for the same reason, webbed feet and six digits are other clues 

My father used to say "Do you know people don't appreciate where they live", he was taking about down here, he was so right. Alway took that on board, when out whether it be ferreting, fishing, shooting or just foraging for mushroom. I don't think theres a trip that goes by ether my mate or myself will stop look around and say some thing like," look at that, you can't buy it" or " we arnt half luck living were we live", usually when we stop to catch are breath climbing a hill. Lol. Devon is a great place to live, but your ether going up a hill or down one.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I agree it may not be all rolling hills and mountains but ive seen a lot worse ?

_20180618_165502.JPG

• Like 3

Thats true,i dont really appreciate what i got until i go on holiday,come back and realize how lucky i am.i can quad the dogs for miles here,nice pubs,scenerys,rivers,canals ,got a secluded gated home,cushty.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Terry Ermann said:

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

DAB7D8F6-671B-431A-AA11-6EC6BB4830BF.thumb.jpeg.5eda594966b7fa0b47f20c1ad9aa4a46.jpeg

Gods country no doubt about it 

• Like 4

It feels like im surrounded by townies and londoners these days with houses popping up on any available bit of land that cost crazy money.

Got friends in West hampshire and love it there but that feels like its going the same way, maybe everywheres like that and i've just got to get used to it and stop moaning lol. Otherwise probably Devon, I was there when the latest attack happened in London and it felt like it was happening in another country

Im happiest when im where know one else is lol.

• Like 1