Best part of uk to live

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

Just now, Wales1234 said:

Yea a lot seen as I live about 30 minutes away , Norfolk tops it bloody strange locals lol

I’m going to shut up , I’m not far myself, plus I married one . They didn’t like me taking one of their women . My brother in laws are proper “back woods” types . I will say this for them , they have got some first class rugby clubs . Lydney , Cinderford, coleford , Berry hill . But it is just like a scene from Deliverance, with the old banjo player. 

• Haha 3

Forest of Dean one of the best places iv'e every been. Portland and rabbits, you ether worked in the quarries or on fishing boats. The quarry men hated rabbit as they would loose stones which would fall on quarry men below and maybe leading to death. So you had relation ether quarry men or fishermen. Fishermen  will not say the word "rabbits" they will call them bush congers etc.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Anywhere in the countryside is good ,where you don't have to look at fat lazy birds picking up their kids after school while still wearing their pyjamas .

Standards have definitely slipped. See them in the co op with pyjamas on ffs.

My old mum never went out the door until she was presentable. Wouldn't smoke outside either. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Yea a lot seen as I live about 30 minutes away , Norfolk tops it bloody strange locals lol

I lived on hippy sites for nigh on 20 years,went to many festivals,raves etc and thought i'd seen every sort of odd ball.Then i moved to Norfolk ?,deffo a strange lot...

• Haha 3
52 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Red neck , when you came to the forest from Dorset , I bet the locals. Said “who’s this , coming here with his big city ways , and his fancy book lernin “? 

No I from rural Dorset with a carrot crunching accent so they all thought I was from that there Bristol ??

never forget when my second eldest was born ,it was a Home birth as ambulance was refusing to attend and midwife when she eventually arrived started counting his fingers and toes I gave her such a dirty look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3