Best part of uk to live

Happy in the Highlands although wouldn't rule out a move to one of the islands in my latter years.

Isle of Eigg is a contender. I can walk for miles up here and see no one.

Fishing and camping in abundance and imo some of the best scenery in the UK nothing gets you in tune more when one morning through the mist a huge stag faces you. I will never forget that moment definitely a connection as we stared@each other.

Brief but lasting

• Like 10

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there! Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling.

view from my garden

Not too bad where I am, if you like hunting, shooting and fishing Scotland is hard to beat. I do miss my coarse fishing but I do not miss hustle, bustle and jam packed roads.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Happy in the Highlands although wouldn't rule out a move to one of the islands in my latter years.

Isle of Eigg is a contender. I can walk for miles up here and see no one.

Fishing and camping in abundance and imo some of the best scenery in the UK nothing gets you in tune more when one morning through the mist a huge stag faces you. I will never forget that moment definitely a connection as we stared@each other.

Brief but lasting

I enjoyed my time on Egilsay. Shame I couldn't raise the capital to buy the farmhouse.

• Like 1

Ive worked all over the uk and for me the scenery of Scotland is unbeatable... never forget the massive stag stood in the middle of the a9 with the massive  icicles hanging off the rock walls... Cornwall for chilled times.. good fishing and cider!

but I’ll stay put in North Yorkshire...  got a National Park and moors on me doorstep and good forests plus plenty of perms to go at?

• Like 3

There is some stunning places mentioned above lakes Devon etc with some good places to work the mutts when I went  but for me rural Ireland i just enjoyed there pace of life but the mrs won't leave the kids and grandkids ? otherwise I would go in a shot 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 3

Would love to spend my summers in the Western highlands or Western isles but feck living there all year round. 

The few times I’ve been to the South and South West of Ireland I’ve always thought I could live there. Farmland looked less intensively farmed a much as I’d imagine the UK would’ve looked maybe after the war and when my old fella was a lad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there!

Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling......to witness eighty  thousand pinkfoot in the sky is a sight I will never forget.

Then you have the awesome Lake District, surely proof that there is a power bigger than us with the way it makes you feel just looking at it.

The Cotswolds and Suffolk with deer literally crawling out of every hedgerow, north Essex and it’s massive herds of fallow and quaint line render and thatch houses.

Devon and Cornwall where you can watch mullet make their way up the river in summer and watch fishermen land spider crabs.

Kent with its summer orchards and strawberry’s and there used to be hop fields too......a smell I will never forget.

It really is all awesome, it’s just the people running the gaff that f**k the whole job up for me.

Kent still has its hop gardens where i am mate.used to be one of the best times of the year when the cockneys used to come down for a month for hopping.our village boozer was packed every single night with characters but its all eastern Europeans doing it now and the village pub is gone.Also not so many orchards now its all rows and rows of plastic tunnels producing tons of shit tasting force fed soft fruit from early spring right through to autumn.

• Like 1
Just now, Kerny92 said:

None, it's only a matter of time till we are fully infested with the Moslems...... The better question is where's the best place to move to? 

Karachi,its depopulating at a massive rate as the number of PIA flights to heathrow increases.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

There so many great places in the UK mate you could almost take your pick.......the trouble is affording to live there!

Scotland is majestic and in some areas the amount of game is mind boggling......to witness eighty  thousand pinkfoot in the sky is a sight I will never forget.

Then you have the awesome Lake District, surely proof that there is a power bigger than us with the way it makes you feel just looking at it.

The Cotswolds and Suffolk with deer literally crawling out of every hedgerow, north Essex and it’s massive herds of fallow and quaint line render and thatch houses.

Devon and Cornwall where you can watch mullet make their way up the river in summer and watch fishermen land spider crabs.

Kent with its summer orchards and strawberry’s and there used to be hop fields too......a smell I will never forget.

It really is all awesome, it’s just the people running the gaff that f**k the whole job up for me.

Feck me I feel like I'm going to fall of my chair.

That's the best I've ever heard you talk about old Blighty since I joined this site.

And it makes a nice change from the normal doom and gloom chat that is the norm in the general section.

• Haha 2