buck knives..

Had a buck knife , albeit not a folder but it was a great knife , so after twenty years work I replaced it with a new one , identical knife , the only difference was it was not the same quality as the American made one , I believe they are now made in China and the quality shows ..

10 minutes ago, stonewall said:

opinel knifes all the way.great to hold edge and if you lose them their not expensive to replace.

Mora's too although I doubt you can legally carry them in the UK anymore?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Mora's too although I doubt you can legally carry them in the UK anymore?

Correct, I used to buy the frosts 6 at a time and that way I could always just chuck it away if the need arose.

I drive round at the moment with one permenatly sited in the front of the Landy with all the other crap and never give it a second thought.......and not would anyone else I reckon, but that’s here !!

What has your country came to, when honest people can’t possess a lockable knife and criminals carry what ever they want.  

This is what happens when a population allows its self to be disarmed.  

Some in my country aren’t far behind.  

24 minutes ago, WILF said:

Correct, I used to buy the frosts 6 at a time and that way I could always just chuck it away if the need arose.

I've still got one that I picked up in 93. Tarnished to f*ck but I sharpen it every couple of weeks and it still holds an edge better than most. I paid twelve quid for it.

• Like 2

Don't worry about it too much Byron - most coppers are good enough to spot the difference between a chav carrying a blade and a regular bloke with a utility knife mate.

This is my knife - a friend made it for me from O1 tool steel. The blade is 4.5" and, it's sharp.

It's always with me when I'm out and about.

I don't worry about it :thumbs:

IMG_20180616_193446.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ive good knives but for out and about folders i normally just by whatevers cheap and preferably opened with one hand. Few goes on a blade tech sharpener and a steel there sharp enough for most quick jobs and as im quite good at losing them easily replaced.

only thing about opinels is if they get wet.

Edited by C.green