• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would of created you only some arsehole skipped the que.

I Was looking forward to a wheeler tread but f**k me where do we get these lads from 

Ask you're mate.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

All that red stuff that Derek bred has been crossed out so much now that it cant really be called wheeler bred anymore and the blood from Tess is that diluted that it would have very little influence if any on the dogs about these days that lads are still labelling with his name.

Of course but they are just a name to use as reference, just like folk still run Nuttall dogs by name when they have been diluted. What's in a name anyway? It doesn't really matter as long as the lads who have the dogs work them. Not being funny but going by what you're saying we should scrap all the names, Nuttall, Wheeler, Gould, Parks, etc. The name of the lines are just there for reference no more or no less. I'm taking the dog despite the Wheeler blood not because of it. The sire is doing the business but I think the dams side is more impressive tbh and she's a rough haired fell type.

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Of course but they are just a name to use as reference, just like folk still run Nuttall dogs by name when they have been diluted. What's in a name anyway? It doesn't really matter as long as the lads who have the dogs work them. Not being funny but going by what you're saying we should scrap all the names, Nuttall, Wheeler, Gould, Parks, etc. The name of the lines are just there for reference no more or no less. I'm taking the dog despite the Wheeler blood not because of it. The sire is doing the business but I think the dams side is more impressive tbh and she's a rough haired fell type.

No need to stop using the mens names that created the lines if everything in a dogs pedigree goes back to dogs bred by that man A Nutall bred dog hasnt actually got to be bred by the man as long as everything in its lineage is down from dogs he bred but as soon as other dogs ie Parks,Brightmore,gould or even unknown breeding get mixed in its no longer a nuttal dog.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, downsouth said:

No need to stop using the mens names that created the lines if everything in a dogs pedigree goes back to dogs bred by that man A Nutall bred dog hasnt actually got to be bred by the man as long as everything in its lineage is down from dogs he bred but as soon as other dogs ie Parks,Brightmore,gould or even unknown breeding get mixed in its no longer a nuttal dog.

Well that is the million dollar question that I can't answer, as long as they are down from good workers they will do for me. The sire has Nuttall/Wheeler blood, wether anything else has been added who knows. It looks typical of those dogs and works well so that's good enough for me. 

Why are terriermen so hung up on names? I'm not a really keen terrier enthusiast, but all the better ones I have seen working have just been good dog bred to good bitch. All this name bullshit is just that, bullshit, used by people to sell pups to gullible people that know no better lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Why are terriermen so hung up on names? I'm not a really keen terrier enthusiast, but all the better ones I have seen working have just been good dog bred to good bitch. All this name bullshit is just that, bullshit, used by people to sell pups to gullible people that know no better lol

It is with some people or terriermen to use the names thing and for the reasons why because the selling dogs . On the other hand though people should respect some names or breeders behind good dogs . Same again though, the dealer wants to know the breeding of peoples dogs and on the other hand someone wants to know the breeding because for genuine reasons only 

On 16/06/2018 at 14:09, Kerny92 said:

Any pics of Tess out there? Been offered a pup that's Nuttall/Wheeler off a pal that's just had a litter. Contemplating whether to have it with working away all the time recently but they are off handy dogs.

Tess

Screenshot_20180617-163702.png

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

The best working terriers i know have no known names behind their lineage and ill nearly guarantee that the terriers that are tested the most don,t have a known kennel behind them.The so called best bred and known mutts that are sold for dollar and not gifted are often a lesser terrier.It boils my piss when a lad as grafted his mutts for decades,never sold one and seldom bred a turd,cannot find a bitch to line to his honest jukel because it does not have a name behind it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

Work and breed your own then and you know what's what 

Sorry but that’s a bit of a vicious circle 

I have a bitch from the ullswater Hunt , my mate has her litter brother , I’ve no doubt they would have been bred from by now but at three years old brock and mere have done nothing of any worth in either of our hands 

however this does not stop others ...I know a lad Sheffield way who doesn’t dig at all but knocks them out all day long at 350 a shot 

To come back to my original point , you have to come from somewhere, so to label something as such and such line, is as good a point as any if that’s what it is. 

• Like 2

Regardless of names it's very difficult to establish how pure a line is .The more time goes on ,the more difficult it is to keep a line that goes back to these names , you can bet something else has been thrown in to refresh the blood which is never a bad thing bug it just adds another spanner should things go tits up .Being honest about this addition not only puts new owners in the picture but allws them to outcross to the same should things gel.My own effort is all the place now i have added NS but those who got pups are perfectly aware of what gone in to them .Trying to pass off a line as pure is one of the most commen bullshits I know of .