This one thought he was smart

No Cubs at all to be seen (bit strange) off out again to nite , I seen 3 more but the distance was way out , so new parking spot to nite , bit of a ambush in mind 

not been on to often latley woth one thing and another , 

thanks lads 

Atb Dave 

• Like 1

The cub situation seem a little bit odd this year, I’ve not seen one yet seen a few adults on my pheasant shoot but I’ve normally seen the cubs by now, I’ve been round the play areas where they spend the days and there’s no real evidence of family group activity, all I can think is they are a little late with the bad winter or I did such a good job last year there’s nothing left??

22 hours ago, Stavross said:

The cub situation seem a little bit odd this year, I’ve not seen one yet seen a few adults on my pheasant shoot but I’ve normally seen the cubs by now, I’ve been round the play areas where they spend the days and there’s no real evidence of family group activity, all I can think is they are a little late with the bad winter or I did such a good job last year there’s nothing left??

Reasonably similar here, less young about than I would expect but still plenty of adult life, often still hunting for the family.     Perhaps just a little later than usual this year, wildlife working with nature no doubt as it has to!

• Like 2

Well out last nite 

had a little family in the sight at 120 yards , bit strange again . Two adults and three Cubs , must admit it was nice just to watch them messing about for about 10 minutes thro the n870 , i tried to put up the video , but I'm not that cleaver ! 

No shot taken ! Didn't have the heart , but I'm sure there time will come in the future 

As they say slowly, slowly catchy the monkey 

Atb 

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone else does this but I don’t tend to shoot if they are in the full family group, the reason is you would always shoot the adult first and the cubs stick around for a bit, but if the other adult is there 9 times out of 10 it will be off sharpish taking the cubs with it and then I’ve just educated the rest of them, maybe it’s just me over thinking it

No phil

just  finished the biggest job of my life, 6 days a week some times seven 

12 hour days , for just under a year ! Won't be done that again , had a few weeks of now getting back down to earth , 

I'll be sending pm' s out to all the old gang just to let them I'm not dead , lol 

atb mate 

Dave 

• Like 1