World Cup 2018

I agree with Newkid - solid performance, in the face of extreme provocation. Solid enough to win, and that's what it comes down to !

I'd like to see the refs clamp down on the abuse and dissent they're taking and the Neymar-style histrionics have got to be stopped. I'm no afficianado, but it does the game no favours.

VAR has just added to the drama, for me - best World Cup I can remember !

Come on, England - let's make the Swedes look like a bunch of turnips ! (Badum - tish !)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, WILF said:

One game at a time mate, one game at a time ;)

Haha... I'm.just happy they have played a bit of football, came across well, and won a penalty shoot out... anything from now on is a bonus!

4 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Are we allowed to talk about Maguire diving to try get a penalty yet?

Can if you want...

What do you think about it?

Did you think Columbia were up for the fair play award?

47 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I agree with Newkid - solid performance, in the face of extreme provocation. Solid enough to win, and that's what it comes down to !

I'd like to see the refs clamp down on the abuse and dissent they're taking and the Neymar-style histrionics have got to be stopped. I'm no afficianado, but it does the game no favours.

VAR has just added to the drama, for me - best World Cup I can remember !

Come on, England - let's make the Swedes look like a bunch of turnips ! (Badum - tish !)

I was dreading VAR to be honest, but it's mad a difference in a good way I reckon..

The rolling around and feigning injury is embarrassing, and the mob running at the ref is getting too much... The Columbians didn't stop ffs.. The Utd reject Falcao was the worst..what a prick!!

40 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Can if you want...

What do you think about it?

Did you think Columbia were up for the fair play award?

I thought Columbia were dickheads.  Im not blind to that , but Maguire dived and john stones flung his boot at the head of falcao on the floor.  Just saying if one is to be called for what they were (Columbians being arses throughout) then the other incidents on other team should be treated the same and not swept under the carpet and pretended it didn't happen . 

Not calling anyone on here about it but media seem to have a blackout against anything anti English and are happy to goad Maradona and slag him off "fat cheat" etc when sometimes their own players are guilty of the same . 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I thought Columbia were dickheads.  Im not blind to that , but Maguire dived and john stones flung his boot at the head of falcao on the floor.  Just saying if one is to be called for what they were (Columbians being arses throughout) then the other incidents on other team should be treated the same and not swept under the carpet and pretended it didn't happen . 

Not calling anyone on here about it but media seem to have a blackout against anything anti English and are happy to goad Maradona and slag him off "fat cheat" etc when sometimes their own players are guilty of the same . 

I agree red but maybe the English are fed up with playing by the rules whilst others cheat and prosper teams have been dirty against us to 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I was dreading VAR to be honest, but it's mad a difference in a good way I reckon..

The rolling around and feigning injury is embarrassing, and the mob running at the ref is getting too much... The Columbians didn't stop ffs.. The Utd reject Falcao was the worst..what a prick!!

How about a rule,as in both codes of rugby, whereby only the captain is allowed to speak to the referee ? Anything else is a bookable offence ? (I was once sent off, while playing for City of London, for that !)

Or a rule (if it doesn't already exist) whereby it would be a bookable offence to attempt to gain an advantage by feigning foul play or injury ? Some of the dives are beyond embarrassing - the replay shows daylight between the two players, yet there's some overpaid prima donna rolling round like there's a sniper in row F !

For crying out loud, an England penalty was awarded and it was only four small minutes later that Kane actually took the kick ! I'm still amazed that some player hasn't managed to talk his way into a red card ! Torres, Neymar, Falcao, a couple of the Senegalese, every Argentinian.............I was under the illusion that the referee's decision was final ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, John d said:

I like how you conveniently forgot to add maguire got straight up and told the referee there was no contact.....nicely done in a comparison with a world renowned cheat who has admitted many times he knew he cheated and is not bothered what anyone says

So if he was telling the ref if wasn't a foul what on earth made him fall over . There was zero contact on his foot or any other body parts . He tapped the ball away and dropped to the ground . If you ask me he was pleading with ref not to book him because he knew he had f****d up by diving.  If the ref had blown the whistle straight away and given a pen I don't think youd have seen any finger waving 

tumblr_pbb4xcho221tf8a5ao1_500.gif?zoom=

He dived , you can see it. Not a very good one either 

And as far as Maradona goes , only his handball makes him famous for cheating in England  . Personally I don't see a massive difference between the handball and diving.  Maybe because I wasn't around in 86 when he did it and I don't have tinted glasses on but both are trying to decive the refferee to gain a advantage  . If that Columbian was already booked and ref seen it as a pen that defended sent off for literally nothing . Michael Owen dived Vs Argentina in 2002 to get a penalty.  If you search Google you'll see countless articles on Michael Owen admitting it , don't think I've ever heard pochettino (the guy who challenged him ) bleat on about it 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

I agree red but maybe the English are fed up with playing by the rules whilst others cheat and prosper teams have been dirty against us to 

Im not saying England are bad for it , it's 100% entrenched in the game sadly at all levels . Theirs a kid in my boys under 9 team who drops all the time feiging injury and gets up and sprints if the ball passed him. And im not singling England out for foul play but it's a bit hypocritical (generally the media) to completely ignore anything England do and slag off others for it.  Were all part of the same bullshit , Gareth bale will drop in a instant if he gets a chance and it bugs the f**k out of me.  They need hanging out to dry by their peers / coaches / media . It's no use saying "others are doing it so we will aswell" when they bitch when others are doing it 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

So if he was telling the ref if wasn't a foul what on earth made him fall over . There was zero contact on his foot or any other body parts . He tapped the ball away and dropped to the ground . If you ask me he was pleading with ref not to book him because he knew he had f****d up by diving.  If the ref had blown the whistle straight away and given a pen I don't think youd have seen any finger waving 

tumblr_pbb4xcho221tf8a5ao1_500.gif?zoom=

He dived , you can see it. Not a very good one either 

And as far as Maradona goes , only his handball makes him famous for cheating in England  . Personally I don't see a massive difference between the handball and diving.  Maybe because I wasn't around in 86 when he did it and I don't have tinted glasses on but both are trying to decive the refferee to gain a advantage  . If that Columbian was already booked and ref seen it as a pen that defended sent off for literally nothing . Michael Owen dived Vs Argentina in 2002 to get a penalty.  If you search Google you'll see countless articles on Michael Owen admitting it , don't think I've ever heard pochettino (the guy who challenged him ) bleat on about it 

Yeah he went over expecting contact, it is cheating I agree...most pros in most sports try to gain an advantage in some way, I'm not defending it, but at least he didn't go on 100 yard roll around session holding his face!! Lol

England aren't the worst by a long stretch, but everyone is trying to gain the advantage!

f**k me the Columbians stalled the penalty for 4 minutes all the while stuffing up the penalty spot and getting in Kanes far.... I wish he did award the penalty for Maguire, and the horrible little Columbians twat was sent off....but I'm English and your Welsh so our rose tinted glasses don't quite see things the same lol

Oh another thing, when the Welsh were having a great tournament at the Euros, I never thought about trying to pull them for a bit of playing up (which I'm sure there was) I enjoyed them going well, and said that on here...

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah he went over expecting contact, it is cheating I agree...most pros in most sports try to gain an advantage in some way, I'm not defending it, but at least he didn't go on 100 yard roll around session holding his face!! Lol

England aren't the worst by a long stretch, but everyone is trying to gain the advantage!

f**k me the Columbians stalled the penalty for 4 minutes all the while stuffing up the penalty spot and getting in Kanes far.... I wish he did award the penalty for Maguire, and the horrible little Columbians twat was sent off....but I'm English and your Welsh so our rose tinted glasses don't quite see things the same lol

Oh another thing, when the Welsh were having a great tournament at the Euros, I never thought about trying to pull them for a bit of playing up (which I'm sure there was) I enjoyed them going well, and said that on here...

I've said before I got no gripe with the English, was just commenting on a observation I made 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, John d said:

Can’t be arsed to reply to all that absolute bullshit......Jesus going on about another country because your own is so shit they can’t even qualify......get a grip ffs

Can't be arsed to reply , yet you still do . 

Don't see newkid getting as pissy about is as you are 

Maybe I’m a bit odd, but I actually enjoyed seeing all the antics and watching it start to get a bit edgy.

The ref could have put a stop to it very easy if he had just shown one of those columbians a red card but he didn’t .

I really enjoy a game with an air of hostility ! 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I've said before I got no gripe with the English, was just commenting on a observation I made 

I think perhaps the media and pundits get carried away, but look at Ian Wright, Lee Dixon and Gary Neville the other night when we went through...they are fans and patriotic too...The English often get criticised for lack of patriotism in comparison with other home nations and Ireland, but we're getting behind this team as a nation, the media are behind them for once, the pundits maybe biased, they're England fans lol...

The sun's up and it feels like a proper summer, just get behind the only home nation in the tournament I know all you Welsh and Scottish lads want to really lol