World Cup 2018

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Krauts get stuffed.............I mean, a keenly competed game, balanced on a knife edge.

Brazil could go the same way tonight ?

As I've already said, I don't watch football at all really, but games like that are why I always watch the World Cup !

Brazil couldent hit a open goal just now ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

2D9A5023-E030-40BF-8822-848ED9854603.jpeg

yep , COME ON THE LADS  . we got nothing to fear  , from what ive seen so far of all the country's  that played so far . i think from watching Brazil  last night , (only) when they started to turn it  on   like they did in the 2nd 1/2 , i reckon  they be hard to beat in this tournament  .But  we got few good young players in our team, that might shock 'um , Rashford   for 1 up front , vardy  kane can deff score  , if we can keep strong back 4  , and pickford  plays  well , you never know how far we might go  in this tournament . think we might loose to night, but we though anyway  ,   but i think  Brazil  to lift the cup  at the end . !!

Rumour has it that Belgium will rest a good few players, so I hope Southgate fields his strongest team, and they play to win ! He's already built a team spirit we haven't seen for many years, left the ego-trip superstars behind, and could well have a team greater than the sum of its parts. At the risk of sounding like Motty, I want to see Trippier banging in those pinpoint set pieces and I fancy Kane to score a couple more - England 2-0 for me.

At least we won't lose to the Germans on penalties !

(What's the German for "schadenfreude" ?)

1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

Rumour has it that Belgium will rest a good few players, so I hope Southgate fields his strongest team, and they play to win ! He's already built a team spirit we haven't seen for many years, left the ego-trip superstars behind, and could well have a team greater than the sum of its parts. At the risk of sounding like Motty, I want to see Trippier banging in those pinpoint set pieces and I fancy Kane to score a couple more - England 2-0 for me.

At least we won't lose to the Germans on penalties !

(What's the German for "schadenfreude" ?)

The best scenario for us would be that Belgium fielded their strongest team and we did likewise because that would provide us with the best education and actually do us the most favors imho 

If we progress in the competition then we are going to have to deal with Hazard and Lakaku at some point maybe and for me I’d rather the players got their reality check now in a game they don’t matter........they would be better prepared then to deal with them when it does matter.

Cant knock what we have done so far but you also have to be realistic about the standard of that opposition.

The goal we conceded in the 6-1 win was telling and how that panama player turned our right backs/wing back inside out a few times had me thinking of just what a player of Hazards ability could do to us.

Panama got a bit of joy down there and put balls in the box, with better quality players we’d have been in trouble a few times imho 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

The best scenario for us would be that Belgium fielded their strongest team and we did likewise because that would provide us with the best education and actually do us the most favors imho 

If we progress in the competition then we are going to have to deal with Hazard and Lakaku at some point maybe and for me I’d rather the players got their reality check now in a game they don’t matter........they would be better prepared then to deal with them when it does matter.

Cant knock what we have done so far but you also have to be realistic about the standard of that opposition.

The goal we conceded in the 6-1 win was telling and how that panama player turned our right backs/wing back inside out a few times had me thinking of just what a player of Hazards ability could do to us.

Panama got a bit of joy down there and put balls in the box, with better quality players we’d have been in trouble a few times imho 

It's wide open mate, I don't remember a World Cup like it, all sides are getting at each other, it don't matter how big the team is there could be upsets...

I'm not getting carried away, but I really think we've as a good a chance as any at the minute..

I was thinking Mexico were flying then look what Sweden did last night, Costa Rica coming back and scoring 2 against Switzerland....

I'm sure a "big" side will click in a minute, but they haven't yet...they've all struggled against the minnows.

This group of players are going to be together for a fair while now, and they seem to love putting the England shirt on, the country are behind them properely for the first time since 96 imo, the manager is conducting himself brilliantly and playing a system.that allows us to compete...maybe not this tournament but if like to think in 2 years time the Euros will be something they can really aim.at.....

f**k it, we can win this...let's get all carried away with it for once...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, WILF said:

That's not the point though, if we win the group then we more than likely face Brazil in the quarter finals, compared to finishing second and playing Sweden or Switzerland. It's whether he wants to play the percentages or go all in.

Edited by Kerny92
2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That's not the point though, if we win the group then we more than likely face Brazil in the quarter finals, compared to finishing second and playing Sweden or Switzerland.

I agree with Kev in as much as I don’t think any teams hold that much fear for us so who we play dont really worry me, I’d just like them to get a test against a top side before it matters.

And I totally agree, I think Southgate is playing a blinder on all fronts.

• Like 1