World Cup 2018

Just now, WILF said:

I suppose you can only really compare football players to rugby backs, I don’t think you need any ability beyond being fat to spend eighty minutes with your head wedged up another dudes chad ! Lol

lol you really haven't played a game of rugby have you .... a forwards cardio and recovery time has to be better than a backs ......

• Haha 1

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday afternoon's scenes were remarkable, drunk men openly sobbing and crying, women and children jumping up and down screaming and shouting, but that's enough about Scotland. Well done Engla

Just been watching the English and Swedish fans chanting at each other English fans were "YOUR SHIT BUT YOUR BIRDS ARE FIT" Swedish retorted "GO HOME TO YOUR UGLY WIVES" 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socks said:

lol you really haven't played a game of rugby have you .... a forwards cardio and recovery time has to be better than a backs ......

Not since school mate, as I said, I only used to join in the training as an adult.

I suppose having your bugle stuck up some 20 stone blokes bottle would take a fair bit of recovering from.......lol 

Anyway, back to the football..............

Does the French team have any actual Frenchmen in it ? I keep hearing Mbappe, Dembele, Umtiti, Pogba, Fekir, Hernandez (!) etc - and not many of them look like a stereotypical Pierre !

How do nationality rules work, then ?

8 hours ago, socks said:

The very fact they are at world level in rugby means they are very strong very hard physical men .......

Being serious for a minute, I heard something after the England v Irwland game a while back that I thought was interesting.

They were saying how modern rugby players are becoming so big and powerful that the hits they are taking is seriously doing their body damage......and your comments got me to thinking, is rugby getting to be just about who is the most massive?

I watched that Eng v Ire game and I personally found it boring as f**k, ball out.....big hit.....stop , ball out......big hit......stop and the ref constantly loving the sound of his own voice.

Has rugby lost the athleticism to make it entertaining?

I know the local Gaelic club are wanting to start to coach a more possession based game similar to what I coach my kids at football and they have asked a couple of times if I would coach even though I know sweet f**k all about Gealic.

They want to move away a bit from kick, Rush, tackle, repeat........there’s not much to a game like that so I understand.

Personally, a bit more flowing movement and a bit less down time would make rugby more entertaining for me......there’s only so many times you can watch a bloke run 10 yds and get hit by a bloke equally as massive before it all becomes a bit boring.

Whats a rugby mans take on it mate?

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Being serious for a minute, I heard something after the England v Irwland game a while back that I thought was interesting.

They were saying how modern rugby players are becoming so big and powerful that the hits they are taking is seriously doing their body damage......and your comments got me to thinking, is rugby getting to be just about who is the most massive?

I watched that Eng v Ire game and I personally found it boring as f**k, ball out.....big hit.....stop , ball out......big hit......stop and the ref constantly loving the sound of his own voice.

I know the local Gaelic club are wanting to start to coach a more possession based game similar to what I coach my kids at football and they have asked a couple of times if I would coach even though I know sweet f**k all about Gealic.

They want to move away a bit from kick, Rush, tackle, repeat........there’s not much to a game like that so I understand.

Personally, a bit more flowing movement and a bit less down time would make rugby more entertaining for me......there’s only so many times you can watch a bloke run 10 yds and get hit by a bloke equally as massive before it all becomes a bit boring.

One answer, Rugby League. ?

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Size does have a lot to do with the modern game but you can't compromise that for athleticism otherwise you will have lumbering giants that will dominate in a scrum or maul but will lose out getting around the pitch. You have to have powerful but fast athletic players. 

There is a distinct difference in backs (which are your speed machines) and your forwards (which are the powerhouses) there are exceptions to the rule like George north and Jonah lomu who are big powerful but fast men. 

The game you watched would have been boring because of the type of game the manager wants them to play. It must have been a critical game and the managers didn't want an open flowing game and I agree when that happens it's boring as f**k. 

Luckily for me wales have always played an open fast flowing game releasingbtne backs whenever they can and that makes for a much better match. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, socks said:

Size does have a lot to do with the modern game but you can't compromise that for athleticism otherwise you will have lumbering giants that will dominate in a scrum or maul but will lose out getting around the pitch. You have to have powerful but fast athletic players. 

There is a distinct difference in backs (which are your speed machines) and your forwards (which are the powerhouses) there are exceptions to the rule like George north and Jonah lomu who are big powerful but fast men. 

The game you watched would have been boring because of the type of game the manager wants them to play. It must have been a critical game and the managers didn't want an open flowing game and I agree when that happens it's boring as f**k. 

Luckily for me wales have always played an open fast flowing game releasingbtne backs whenever they can and that makes for a much better match. 

I agree about Wales, when I think of British rugby I always think about those lovey flowing welsh try’s you see clips of from the 70s and 80s .........totally one layman’s opinion.

• Like 1

The rugby lads I see around here look like they could pulverise the soccer players but that's fighting.

As far as sport goes, if your big and fast your a great rugby player. No artistry, panache or finesse.

Load of Public School shite.

Cheers, D.

10 minutes ago, dytkos said:

The rugby lads I see around here look like they could pulverise the soccer players but that's fighting.

As far as sport goes, if your big and fast your a great rugby player. No artistry, panache or finesse.

Load of Public School shite.

Cheers, D.

Are you seriously saying people like Shane Williams had no artistry panache or finesse. 

And I would love to know where all these public schools are in the Welsh valleys ???

• Like 1