Our Friends In Social Services

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

they didn’t know the law or the real world an I’d be found guilty, but not to worry as a proper judge in crown court would know the law properly an do the right thing???

That's an insight though... How many people would have a decent enough legal savvy to challenge the original conviction? How many of these go unchallenged and how many of these bureaucrats rule with impunity?

2 hours ago, dytkos said:

What did baby Ps social worker end up with?

Cheers, D.

This is the blame culture. It wasn’t the fact that baby Ps reprobate mother and her boyfriend beat the kid to death. No it was the fault of the social workers and the Haringey Council for not taking them off them sooner . But I agree that they paid her a ridiculous amount of money. 

40 minutes ago, j j m said:

some of these social workers are total idiots

If some of those employed by Rotherham council in the past are any thing to go by its common sense they were lacking and the head of social services who had to resign when the CSE scandal was brought to light had the audacity to remove two kids from their foster parents because they were UKIP supporters.

I’m sure there must be more to it than taking the kid off her over an ice cream and a haircut ? Why was the mother even on the social services radar ? We fostered a boy from birth till he was seven months . His parents had to prove they were drug free to have him back . They did this and he went back to them . We kept in contact and saw him regularly . After a while they stopped contact . We were worried and found out they were back on the gear . We told a social worker about our concerns . But the reply was “if we removed children from everyone who does some drugs , half the country would be in care “.Its been my experience that things have got to be pretty bad before children are removed from their parents .The papers like a good story , but I reckon there is more to it .