Our Friends In Social Services

In today's Telegraph, a social worker from Carmarthenshire County Council has been heavily criticized for taking a child away from its mother. Why? Because she refused to give him an ice cream. The social worker also claimed that the mother wasn't meeting the child's "emotional needs" and also that she didn't allow him to "get his haircut the way he liked."

In the true bureaucratic fashion befitting the civil service the social worker submitted a 44-page report documenting inadequate parenting but luckily for where Great Britain used to be the honourable judge ruled that the submission was "very long on rhetoric" but "very short indeed on concrete examples of deficient parenting." That's the good news!

The bad news is that a lower judge had previously ruled in favour of the social worker and the child was taken from his mother and placed into foster care!

Next time your kids/grandkids ask for an ice cream remember to only ask them what flavour! :rolleyes:

Edited by ChrisJones

It's frightening how thoroughly the social services ,education ,local government and human resources have been infiltrated and taken over by people who hold these pernicious ,post modern ideologies ,very soon common sense ,rational thought and reasonable debate will be a thing of the past .

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

She obviously ain’t got kids anyways they dumb bitch

years age tho I was stood before a bench a magistrates, an even Clive reese my brief said to me (before they retired for cake an tea or whatever they do whilst pretending to be doin there job), that they didn’t know the law or the real world an I’d be found guilty, but not to worry as a proper judge in crown court would know the law properly an do the right thing??? sure as shit stinks, guilty verdicts where handed out like smarties an off to crown we went on appeal, an luckily mr reese was right an the judge knew the law an done right thing, what I’m getting at tho is most these magistrates are only there for summat to brag about at golf or bowls or whatever it is these folk do when not meddling in folks life’s, British justice is a thing of the past an deffo not on your side if ye daft enough to take it in the chin off them??

You want to go before a CSA tribunal, makes the Spanish Inquisition seem like a jolly, talk about misinformed with their own agenda? Yet they are allowed to make decisions based on personal ideals!

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Social workers get a bad press , don’t they ? Me and the wife have fostered for about 5 years now and deal with them often . They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t . Most spend long periods off work suffering from stress and there is a lot of unhappiness in the job . There is a high turnover of staff and a shortage of staff in general with a lot wanting to leave the job .There is a bit of a “right on” hippy sort that do the job , but a lot are genuine people trying to sort out the cess pit of society. Most kids that come to us come from a background of drink , drugs , domestic violence and sexual assault, but more often it’s a combination of all of them . There are a lot of scumbags out there who should not have kids . We got sent the profile of a little boy who was so badly sexually assaulted by his dad that he had to have a stomach bag fitted. We turned the placement down cos I would have had to meet the dad at contact and I’m sure I would have chinned him . If anyone out there thinks they want to or can do a better job . Go to university, get a degree and get social working..... I give you six months !!!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Social workers get a bad press , don’t they ? Me and the wife have fostered for about 5 years now and deal with them often . They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t . Most spend long periods off work suffering from stress and there is a lot of unhappiness in the job . There is a high turnover of staff and a shortage of staff in general with a lot wanting to leave the job .There is a bit of a “right on” hippy sort that do the job , but a lot are genuine people trying to sort out the cess pit of society. Most kids that come to us come from a background of drink , drugs , domestic violence and sexual assault, but more often it’s a combination of all of them . There are a lot of scumbags out there who should not have kids . We got sent the profile of a little boy who was so badly sexually assaulted by his dad that he had to have a stomach bag fitted. We turned the placement down cos I would have had to meet the dad at contact and I’m sure I would have chinned him . If anyone out there thinks they want to or can do a better job . Go to university, get a degree and get social working..... I give you six months !!!

I’ve dealt with a lot of them via the 2 autistic stepsons and there is a lot of trying to pass the workload and lack of communication between them and other departments. Plus lot of moaning about lack of budgets .

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I’ve dealt with a lot of them via the 2 autistic stepsons and there is a lot of trying to pass the workload and lack of communication between them and other departments. Plus lot of moaning about lack of budgets .

The money the council spends on social services is astronomical. We should do what they do in some states in America and that is pay these junky alcoholic mums to get sterilised . If they paid them £5000 , that seems a lot but if you think what they are paying in social services and foster care it wouldn’t take long to be cost effective. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

If the social workers got £90 statutory sick pay instead of full pay for being off with "stress" I don't think there'd be such a problem.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1