Well you guys, that was a bust. Never had to do anything like it, ever. Was having trouble in that the last three outings I had not even a pull, so, listening to the members, I have done something never done by me before. Fast sinking line. Now not only was that a newbie but watching my line coming back at me nearly vertical certainly was. I worked out that I had 127 feet of line and leader which I was leaving for 90 seconds on the watch before a really steady retrieve. The things nailed the fly and within 20 mins had my bag limit. Thing is that pulling them from so far down made me think about Nessie. These guys fought like mad and at only 2/3 lbs gave a good account of themselves. Our fishery is an old brick pit, fairly large surface area at about 3 acres plus, and we stock 5 times annually from 1.1/2 to 10 lbs mostly rainbows but quite a few blues and Browns. The last few weeks, with the heat have been quite a challenge. Next time I'll get some pics. Jok.

• Like 2

theres a good lake outside enniskillen called mill lough, there was 4 of us on it one day in 2 boats me an the mate were using dries all day and had over 30 browns and not a rainbow, but the other 2 mates were stripping cats whiskers on the sinking lines and they had over 20 rainbows and not a brownie. I find the rainbows more predatory than the brownies

• Like 1