First Cross Bull/Greyhounds.

Only had this discussion this morning old aquaintance stopped by ,where can you find these f1 terrier types first gens these days ,bred from quality base bred sires ,one  litter every now and again like rocking horse shite these days but I feel they will come back  round hardest job finding the studs fa them atb bill

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen mate, they were well bred, well looked after animals. They just simply didn't have the stamina or the speed. And I'm not saying they didn't have the effort there, they were full of effort, but

I love bullx and if I had more lamping to do I’d keep one not just there work just having them around is easier than other Xs but down here now you will start to turn heads owning one to be honest I m

That's the truth

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Only had this discussion this morning old aquaintance stopped by ,where can you find these f1 terrier types first gens these days ,bred from quality base bred sires ,one  litter every now and again like rocking horse shite these days but I feel they will come back  round hardest job finding the studs fa them atb bill

Shouldn't be too hard especially if you live over the pond. ?

55 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I just can't see the logic in using a dog primarily for the show ring over the ultimate performance dog? 

There's blokes over here with old lines of English bull terriers that have been used for hunting pigs for many generations and are a lot calmer and hunting orientated than the latent fighting dog.Bully/greys and Bully/ boxer/cattle are popular English bull pigging crosses.Like using a dead game dog on bears,they just don't last.

• Like 1
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

There's blokes over here with old lines of English bull terriers that have been used for hunting pigs for many generations and are a lot calmer and hunting orientated than the latent fighting dog.Bully/greys and Bully/ boxer/cattle are popular English bull pigging crosses.Like using a dead game dog on bears,they just don't last.

But did they begin using them because they didn't have anything better to start with? You do know the APBT is still used as catch dogs in America to this day.

That is true we didn''t have pb's here till 30 odd years ago,so maybe they could have been developed for hunting.The American style of catching pigs where they run a pack of hounds for hours and let a pit off at the bail is considered a joke by hunters here who might catch 20 odd pigs in the same time with three or four dogs.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Shouldn't be too hard especially if you live over the pond. ?

There's no need for that, plenty on these shores..... Was offered the use of a pure working wheaton today, after chatting with a mate.... Like I told him, I don't have the heart these day's to get an ex racer in, line it, would have too take my pic of the pups, pts the rest, then the dam..... because there's too many clowns about who be wanting pups... Would of bred my old bitch again but vets spayed her without asking me after losing pups and having emergency c section 2 seasons ago?would like a suitable bitch pup and then use a dog pup from My old bitches only litter so I still got some of the blood..... Luck I've had last few seasons with the runners and my terriers....... I won't hold my breath?lucks got to change soon enough... I know?

• Like 1

i have an English bull/wheaton x greyhound first cross, not to heavy, only 10 months at moment so time will tell. couple of photos on the other bull cross thread, and yes the sire and grand sire were worked, will get better photos tomorrow

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

There's no need for that, plenty on these shores..... Was offered the use of a pure working wheaton today, after chatting with a mate.... Like I told him, I don't have the heart these day's to get an ex racer in, line it, would have too take my pic of the pups, pts the rest, then the dam..... because there's too many clowns about who be wanting pups... Would of bred my old bitch again but vets spayed her without asking me after losing pups and having emergency c section 2 seasons ago?would like a suitable bitch pup and then use a dog pup from My old bitches only litter so I still got some of the blood..... Luck I've had last few seasons with the runners and my terriers....... I won't hold my breath?lucks got to change soon enough... I know?

There certainly is if you know the right lads but they are seldom available to Joe public, difference is in the Republic of Ireland anyone can own one last i knew.

A good trick if you're breeding your own is get the litter in some good homes with good dog men and ensure you have access to their future breedings, be that using one has a stud or dibs on a pup.