First Cross Bull/Greyhounds.

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

There certainly is if you know the right lads but they are seldom available to Joe public, difference is in the Republic of Ireland anyone can own one last i knew.

A good trick if you're breeding your own is get the litter in some good homes with good dog men and ensure you have access to their future breedings, be that using one has a stud or dibs on a pup.

Sounds easy in hind sight that lol... But seldom works that way.... I can just about fill the fingers on one hand with folks I truly trust enough to sort a pup out too..... So there's maybe 5/6 pups spare in a litter..... Just because "anyone can own one" .... Does that mean it's really any good??? 

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen mate, they were well bred, well looked after animals. They just simply didn't have the stamina or the speed. And I'm not saying they didn't have the effort there, they were full of effort, but

I love bullx and if I had more lamping to do I’d keep one not just there work just having them around is easier than other Xs but down here now you will start to turn heads owning one to be honest I m

That's the truth

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Phil E said:

Screenshot_20180513-113656.thumb.png.6a4538069577694e24eb37bf1d37a3d5.pngScreenshot_20180513-113639.thumb.png.82588159ea1b262e9764d50102b6245f.png

First generation first cross still a young bitch only about 15 months but has good feet, plenty wind, not lacking in pace n great nose. Seems fairly keen so far this year will tell a lot. If bred right can be as good as  any other cross

First cross with a bat?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Sounds easy in hind sight that lol... But seldom works that way.... I can just about fill the fingers on one hand with folks I truly trust enough to sort a pup out too..... So there's maybe 5/6 pups spare in a litter..... Just because "anyone can own one" .... Does that mean it's really any good??? 

Well you can only do your best and that's it. And no it doesn't mean that but it's easier to get a well bred dog over there. There's even potential on here if with a bit of luck. ?

• Haha 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

Every bit as much shite over here.

You over the pond? There's plenty of shite on that country to the west of you as well but plenty that's the real deal. ?

Edited by Kerny92

I know to one genuine half x bred off the right stuff she's game as hell with loads of stamina and plenty of speed to match for the places I lamp half xs are an ideal type for me I've had a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen half x in the past both fit for purpose for what I was doing Deffo a cross that is the found to any bull type lurcher if you've got a decent one il definitely have anot her one in my kennels without doubt

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Penda said:

I know to one genuine half x bred off the right stuff she's game as hell with loads of stamina and plenty of speed to match for the places I lamp half xs are an ideal type for me I've had a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen half x in the past both fit for purpose for what I was doing Deffo a cross that is the found to any bull type lurcher if you've got a decent one il definitely have anot her one in my kennels without doubt

I love bullx and if I had more lamping to do I’d keep one not just there work just having them around is easier than other Xs but down here now you will start to turn heads owning one to be honest I miss my old bitch ugly as sin but and absolute diamond on and off the field ! 

81B1BFA1-6F36-4B4C-8A52-15AAC91B1416.jpeg

• Like 7
On 12/06/2018 at 22:09, Cannon said:

Best i seen was a staffy x non ped whippet. Havent got a photo. Belonged to a friend of mine. God that dog was good. However the lad that had him had a lot of spare time on his hands which he spent with the dog and although the dog was keen as f@*k and had a good nose. It was amount of time that was spent on it that made it the dog what it was. Loads of people will say that their 1st dog or dog they had when they were younger were best dog they had (rarely realised at time) Usually when they didnt have responsibilitys or just didnt care ?

That's the truth

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
On 13/06/2018 at 19:33, Phil E said:

Screenshot_20180513-113656.thumb.png.6a4538069577694e24eb37bf1d37a3d5.pngScreenshot_20180513-113639.thumb.png.82588159ea1b262e9764d50102b6245f.png

First generation first cross still a young bitch only about 15 months but has good feet, plenty wind, not lacking in pace n great nose. Seems fairly keen so far this year will tell a lot. If bred right can be as good as  any other cross

Don't let Downsouth or Katchum or Spaniel see this. It's not a first generation first cross. It's just a first cross cos they said so, THL experts will look down at this...... ???

Edited by Kerny92