First Cross Bull/Greyhounds.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen mate, they were well bred, well looked after animals. They just simply didn't have the stamina or the speed. And I'm not saying they didn't have the effort there, they were full of effort, but

I love bullx and if I had more lamping to do I’d keep one not just there work just having them around is easier than other Xs but down here now you will start to turn heads owning one to be honest I m

That's the truth

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Not many pics of f1 bull terrier greyhounds i see plenty of chelping up mesen included but no pics?

I've got some somewhere of dogs long gone, I'll dig them out when I'm back home.

• Thanks 1

I had 3/8 grey 5/8 bull and she caught plenty day and night she’s certainly wasn’t a one trick pony ! But be silly to Compare her to my other lurchers rotally different animals here daughter is pretty much half cross and she is rapid 

• Like 3

Best i seen was a staffy x non ped whippet. Havent got a photo. Belonged to a friend of mine. God that dog was good. However the lad that had him had a lot of spare time on his hands which he spent with the dog and although the dog was keen as f@*k and had a good nose. It was amount of time that was spent on it that made it the dog what it was. Loads of people will say that their 1st dog or dog they had when they were younger were best dog they had (rarely realised at time) Usually when they didnt have responsibilitys or just didnt care ?

• Like 5

What does a first cross bull do better than a well bred racier lurcher or even a 1/4 bull? You don’t need half bull to run fox and deer consistently, something lighter will catch more and last longer, and any bigger game isn’t a lurchers job imo. They’re for a certain job, but there’s no comparison with a lighter dog if your running a variety of game.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, rob284 said:

What does a first cross bull do better than a well bred racier lurcher or even a 1/4 bull? You don’t need half bull to run fox and deer consistently, something lighter will catch more and last longer, and any bigger game isn’t a lurchers job imo. They’re for a certain job, but there’s no comparison with a lighter dog if your running a variety of game.

I didn't ask that question and i think you're wrong to say big game isn't a Lurchers job. You do know they can throw pretty racey animals? The thread is about posting pics of them, I've seen what they can do and a good one is some animal.

2 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Day and nightime Hare, Roe and Fox.

If the half crosses were getting straight lined by a fox they were shite, I’ve seen a lot of half crosses run over the years and the only ones that got straight lined were the ones that didn’t want it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ferretryan said:

There’s good working strains of ebt about. anyone used one for first crosses before 

Pretty popular here for pigs,alot of hunters think there a better cross than apbt,they don't try to fight the pig.After pigs I can't see much use except working with terriers.

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Pretty popular here for pigs,alot of hunters think there a better cross than apbt,they don't try to fight the pig.After pigs I can't see much use except working with terriers.

I just can't see the logic in using a dog primarily for the show ring over the ultimate performance dog? 

Edited by Kerny92