WTF is going on with this giving up smoking malarkey ?

17 minutes ago, John d said:

The thing to remember is an addict only needs to abstain from something that is a problem in one way or the other. I talk to folk I used to drink with and after telling them I've done however long off it most say "but you still smoke weed" like that is meant to mean something lol I'm not saying weed is better/worse than drink here (well i am but thats a different thread entirely lol) but my point is many folk all around the world can do one or the other with no side effects but on the other side one hits the individuals brain addiction switch and so the fun and games begin lol

That's a fair enough comment, mate, but I'm firmly in the 'providing it isn't causing a problem' camp. I do understand how addiction works and if you can't trust yourself then, by all means, stay away from it. However, if you had the occasional beer and didn't start beating the Mrs whilst simultaneously sh*tt*ng yourself I'm not going to be one the to stand there and point the finger, either. I don't buy into the 12 stepper stuff. You cease to be an addict when it ceases to control your life. If you've not had a drop/shot/smoke in 10 years you're not an addict.

21 minutes ago, John d said:

On complete abstinence, I'd say it is possible but how far do you go to say complete? No tea/coffee? No prescription drugs if your ill? 

Look how priests handle complete abstinence. I don't think humans are supposed to be completely abstinent but again if you had a rough week and needed something to take the edge off I wouldn't hold it against you or argue the point about one addiction over another. We'd have a natter and then start over in the morning. That's what your good mates are for. If someone cannot handle that, fair enough, but like I said before life is what happens when you're making other plans.

25 minutes ago, John d said:

Like I've said before on here, its something I take an interest in, not because I liked a drink to much either as I'm well over that (honest :D ) but because it's such a vast amount of folk addicted so many different things (not even stuff you get battered off lol) and will go to such extremes to get whatever they crave! plus is addiction always a bad thing? Can addiction be used in a positive way to beat the negative side to it?

Maybe I see it different to others but thats just one of them things! None of that meant with any ill side, just my honest and humble opinion ?

Understood and very recently the World Health Organisation is listing computer gaming addiction as a legit mental health disorder. Not convinced? How many people compulsively check their phones/messages/social media at all hours of the day? I do when I have the opportunity and looking at how it affects certain individuals I'd say it's a legitimate problem to some although I'd bet more would laugh at the idea.

Here's the thing though. If you're not sweating. If it's not making you ill. If it's not affecting your school or your job. Your marriage or your family life. Is it a problem?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Suppose there worse vices seen a guy lose £820 today in the puggies in Ladbrokes. Took him 25 mins 

That's a p*ss*r. Hope it wasn't towards his grocery money for the month.

10 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Well, it's day 3 and I've had no cravings yet.

...... This thing seems to be helping - I don't really like it much so, I'm not using it as much as I was smoking.

I did notice this morning, the car stinks of fags - I rarely smoked in there and, always kept an air freshener on the go but, it can't have helped much.

........ I'll get it round to the Romanians for a valet later :thumbs:

IMG_20180613_122042.jpg

Treated myself to this bad boy. 

IMG_20180613_223404_311.JPG

24 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Treated myself to this bad boy. 

IMG_20180613_223404_311.JPG

Takes a while to find the right flavours and settings on your mod and you can easily end up spending loads on gadgets they can be more addictive than the nicotine lol ... but they do work ...I'm currently using a aspire k4 its a nice simple vape no settings just fill her up and blow clouds my only gripe is i get through a few glass tanks but they cheep as chips I got 5 replacement glass tubes for a fiver 

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Takes a while to find the right flavours and settings on your mod and you can easily end up spending loads on gadgets they can be more addictive than the nicotine lol ... but they do work ...I'm currently using a aspire k4 its a nice simple vape no settings just fill her up and blow clouds my only gripe is i get through a few glass tanks but they cheep as chips I got 5 replacement glass tubes for a fiver 

I own a few mods and tanks. Clieto is by far the best. Mix my own juice aswell. My current favourite juice is b*****d sauce. 

Got a litre steeping . 

• Like 1