WTF is going on with this giving up smoking malarkey ?

You got the hump with people because you  didn’t really want to pack up , no good trying to pack up for othe people mate , when you want to kick it for you it’s easy ..two packs a day for fifteen years I had two or three goes before decided to quit ..no substitute for determination..stick with it .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the

Posted Images

The only time I’ve ever stopped for a significant time was with nothing exept the nhs smoking app, it spurs you on with loads of info? 18months

tried that champx stuff and it was like being wrecked.... I didn’t give a fcuk about anything while on it and left wife No1...

not all bad then :) 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, sussex said:

You got the hump with people because you  didn’t really want to pack up , no good trying to pack up for othe people mate , when you want to kick it for you it’s easy ..two packs a day for fifteen years I had two or three goes before decided to quit ..no substitute for determination..stick with it .

I did similar. I tried about 10 times to stop but failed as I didn' really want to. You have to want to stop or your pissing in the wind.

I also never said I stopped I said I haven' had a cig for a week a month or 5 years then I stopped counting..

• Like 3

I stopped smoking because I have got copd ... its wank not being able to have a smoke & them vape things are vile so I will have to tough it out like a man?... I think smokers get a bad deal... the amount of tax I have paid is astronomical.... if you are or have been a smoker your treated like a leper... you would be lynched if you dared critisise a fat f****r for draining the NHS for having to have a gastric band yet if you have a bad chest your put on the rack for being a smoker & pretty much told to feck off ... I dont hear smack heads & piss heads being talked to like this   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It was only when my daughter got upset one day and asked me not to smoke because she didnt want me to die that i stopped.Threw nearly a whole packet of baccy in the bin and stopped just like that.As has already been said youve got to want to stop although i do still fancy one if i have a beer but luckily thats a very rare occurence.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It was only when my daughter got upset one day and asked me not to smoke because she didnt want me to die that i stopped.Threw nearly a whole packet of baccy in the bin and stopped just like that.As has already been said youve got to want to stop although i do still fancy one if i have a beer but luckily thats a very rare occurence.

Fair play for stopping ds 

Have you noticed your health and fitness improve quite a lot or not.

I have smoked from 12 till 43 and still smoking but have thought of giving up a few times.

25 years I smoked, I quit 2 years ago and haven't touched a fag since, tried to give up twice before but failed and vaping is the only thing that's helped me.

Started with 18 mg nicotine, now down to 0 mg, I enjoy the different flavor's and my health is fantastic from what it was, always coughing and spluttering and out of breath, now I walk the dog 10 miles a day sometimes more.

Two things made me give up, my daughter begging me to and the other was trying to walk across a 200 yard muddy field with my pigeon gear and having to stop 3 or 4 times to catch my breath.
I found the 1st 2 months the hardest but gets easier.

Give it a go, you got nothing to lose.

ATB

• Like 4

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the fam could do with that cash.

I stopped in 2001 and reckon I’ve saved myself somwhere between £50-100k..., add to that my missus stopped at the same time and we’ve easily ‘saved’ over £100k. Sadly I haven’t got it sat in the bank, but it’s in the roof over our head, and the memories from all the things we’ve been able to afford because we stopped.

A pack a day at £10.60 is almost £4k a year. That’s a good family holiday. Unless you’re loaded then smoking is a fcukin selfish thing to do. Stopping is easy if you have the motivation to do it.

• Like 4

Cheers for the comments and ideas so far :thumbs:

It's only day 2 today - I don't know if this is part of packing it in but, I feel like my face hasn't woken up properly yet.

...... I've been up since the usual time, I've had a few coffees.

It's interesting to hear the ages that some of you started at.

For me, I was into amateur boxing through my teens so, I didn't start smoking until my early 20s.

1 hour ago, si brown said:

The only time I’ve ever stopped for a significant time was with nothing exept the nhs smoking app, it spurs you on with loads of info? 18months

tried that champx stuff and it was like being wrecked.... I didn’t give a fcuk about anything while on it and left wife No1...

not all bad then :) 

I didn't know there was an app mate - I'll give it a look :thumbs:

I've read a few negative things about Champix now so, I reckon I'll dodge that one - that Nicorette stuff was bad enough, it's like having a gob full of chemicals.

7 hours ago, bird said:

just man up mate, ive stopped 30 years ago, it was very hard it to took 3 goes but cracked it on the 3rd go . what i did was when i got any craving i used drink lots of water, that really helped, and i kept away from pubs etc. if say after a meal  or a cuppa , i take deep breaths  etc that helped as well, i thought i wont let this beat me, i not going to a fookin sheep like everybody else , who carnt do it, so follow the rest and crack, FIGHT IT MATE, show grit  like our working dogs we keep, you wouldn't keep a jacker  would you .!!!!

Cheers mate :thumbs:

This is my second crack at it - I reckon when I do manage to give up, I'll still always fancy one.

• Like 1

The Reason you have a sore head with vaping is you're nicotine strength is to high.

I quit cigs 4year ago. Never lapsed once. I still vape though mix my own juice at 3mg strength. 

In fact these days it's even easier muxing you're own ejuice. You can buy flavour shots. Just add the nicotine 10ml bottles to the juice top up with VG and you're good to go. 

I have a few vapes and a cupboard full of ejuice. 

First time I quit as a distraction to the cravings I threw myself into tidying up the house.  For weeks I cleans/tidied/orgsnised everything everywhere . Anything to distract from cravings . Find something you wish you did more of that is easily accessible to you and jump straight into that . The joy of getting stuff done you wanted to do takes away from the cravings