WTF is going on with this giving up smoking malarkey ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Fair enough , but aiming for zero has to be the target 

Absolutely and I didn't mean it to come across as if I was having a pop it's just that too often today having a relapse is considered a failure and that's not the case.

7 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Think smoking will be a thing of the past by next generation. Seems everyone these days is in a health kick. Which is a good thing. 

There's been an official decline in smoking, sure, but is that because bootleg smokes are taking up the market or are people actually quitting?

At over a tenner a pack, the market is ripe for an illicit trade.

8 hours ago, scothunter said:

No mate i genuinely think this generation and certaintly the upcoming one detest smoking. 

I agree with that, most young people think it’s howling and that can only be a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/06/2018 at 07:27, Kay said:

I stopped smoking because I have got copd ... its wank not being able to have a smoke & them vape things are vile so I will have to tough it out like a man?... I think smokers get a bad deal... the amount of tax I have paid is astronomical.... if you are or have been a smoker your treated like a leper... you would be lynched if you dared critisise a fat f****r for draining the NHS for having to have a gastric band yet if you have a bad chest your put on the rack for being a smoker & pretty much told to feck off ... I dont hear smack heads & piss heads being talked to like this   

your wrong on this ,  regards fat people  , for example   my wife fat  well over ideal  weight, she 5ft 7 in  tall, anyway  she worked for 35 years  in adult education  , started as  teacher , ended up a manger , so you can see how much  (tax / national insurance ) she payed  over the  35 years  feckin   1000s pounds . so if she wanted a gastric band fitted for free   she should have one  deff, and she never smoked  in her life ,  like me and you have.!!  i stopped 30 years ago because it was making me feckin cough  bad , and out of breath ,  now i can  walk 2-3 hours lamping   , and walk the same in the day, smoking  was the worst thing i ever done in my life , how anybody can defend it , should be ashamed  of there selves  .!!

16 minutes ago, WILF said:

All I will say is this, nobody ever went home and knocked the old woman about after one too many Benson & Hedges..........

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, bird said:

your wrong on this ,  regards fat people  , for example   my wife fat  well over ideal  weight, she 5ft 7 in  tall, anyway  she worked for 35 years  in adult education  , started as  teacher , ended up a manger , so you can see how much  (tax / national insurance ) she payed  over the  35 years  feckin   1000s pounds . so if she wanted a gastric band fitted for free   she should have one  deff, and she never smoked  in her life ,  like me and you have.!!  i stopped 30 years ago because it was making me feckin cough  bad , and out of breath ,  now i can  walk 2-3 hours lamping   , and walk the same in the day, smoking  was the worst thing i ever done in my life , how anybody can defend it , should be ashamed  of there selves  .!!

Typical ex smokers attitude , I rest my case?

16 hours ago, WILF said:

Well, I’m sitting with a tea strong enough to scour pans, 3 sugars and enjoying a smoke.........fishing used to be the best, wake up as the sun is coming up, sit on the edge of the bed as the mist rolls off the water, brew up the first brew of the day and have a smoke as you watch the world come alive and just contemplate the beauty of it all.

Anyway, good luck ! 

Cheers Wilf :thumbs:

I think you've just hit the nail on the head for me - you can't beat a smoke and a cuppa at early o'clock while the world is still quiet :yes:

Well, it's day 3 and I've had no cravings yet.

...... This thing seems to be helping - I don't really like it much so, I'm not using it as much as I was smoking.

I did notice this morning, the car stinks of fags - I rarely smoked in there and, always kept an air freshener on the go but, it can't have helped much.

........ I'll get it round to the Romanians for a valet later :thumbs:

IMG_20180613_122042.jpg

10 hours ago, John d said:

Thing is mate to the addict (be it smoking/drinking/drugs) trying to stay away from their desire a relapse can be the worst thing ever! If I relapsed on the drink I'd absolutely feel a failure because I know full well what would happen and what I would be setting myself up for all over again. I could have a million people say I wasnt a failure but I wouldn't give a f**k what they thought as I'm not staying off it for them lol 

I understand that it can be I just don't believe that complete abstinence is always achievable. Addiction is funny like that. Not that I'm in a huge rush to give up drinking but if I went from a bottle a day, to a bottle a week, to a bottle a month, then quit, only to have a bottle after a sh*tty week I wouldn't consider that a failure. I'd call that life.

I'm not going to beat myself up over it because while we've hit a bump in the road the long term is the improvement, no?

10 hours ago, John d said:

Smoking and drinking are a mugs game no matter how you look at it, you just choose the level you want to play at yourself 

Everyone needs something to get through life. None of my business what goes on between consenting adults.

• Like 2