WTF is going on with this giving up smoking malarkey ?

42 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers mate :thumbs:

This is my second crack at it - I reckon when I do manage to give up, I'll still always fancy one.

My old man stopped 60 years but still always said there were times he fancied one, don't think it ever leaves you, but the longer you have stopped the less likely you are to start again! It's like been defeated, only takes one to get back on em. 

Good luck though whatever path you take. 

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the

Posted Images

I gave up in 1985 i was younger then & much stronger mentally. I started again on holiday in 2008!!  & smoked for 4 years. I gave up again feb the 4th 2012 my dads birthday. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday & he said what he really wanted was for me to pack up the fags!! So i went to dr’s got patches & spoke to anti smoking woman. She gave me good advice ie put fresh patch on when i went to bed so No nicotine craving in morning. Also keep boiled sweets in my truck as i always had a cig when driving to work etc anything to break routine. I still feel like a cig now & then especially with a cider or two ?? Were off to spain on motorbike Sunday & I know i’ll smoke a few on holiday so got patches ready for when i get home. Unfortunately the urge for one is always there ( fir me) but ive promised my dad & kids & dont want to let them down. Once again bud all the best with giving up. Atb

Ciggys rollys or what ever your smoking harms your kids...

if someone was going to harm your kids you would deal with them in a split second no questions asked...

DEAL WITH THE CIGGYS 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, king said:

Fair play for stopping ds 

Have you noticed your health and fitness improve quite a lot or not.

I have smoked from 12 till 43 and still smoking but have thought of giving up a few times.

Cant say ive seen a massive improvement apart from not coughing up brown shit in the morning but i was always very active anyway and i do a very physical job.Trouble is after nearly 30yrs of doing the work i do the rest of me is packing up anyway.

13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Cant say ive seen a massive improvement apart from not coughing up brown shit in the morning but i was always very active anyway and i do a very physical job.Trouble is after nearly 30yrs of doing the work i do the rest of me is packing up anyway.

Ah right I imagined that the fitness level would improve quite a bit after quiting. 

You were fit before giving up though with the physical work you were doing.

Maybe someone not so fit would see a bigger fitness improvemet 

7 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers mate :thumbs:

This is my second crack at it - I reckon when I do manage to give up, I'll still always fancy one.

Over thirty years packed up and every now and then  , especially if someone lights up a nice cigar on a Shoot day , I fancy a smoke , you just accept you can’t and get on ..

9 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I've run out of likes - haven't done that for a while.

Thank you all for the comments and encouragement - much appreciated :thumbs:

Everybody who has gone back to smoking after quitting (me included) has regret it . Maybe something to remember when you fancy a quite smoke 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Everybody who has gone back to smoking after quitting (me included) has regret it . Maybe something to remember when you fancy a quite smoke 

Quitting anything runs the risk of an occasional relapse. Having a smoke once a week has to be much better than once an hour while you wrestle the b*st*rd to the mat. The difference between failure and success is that success kept getting back up.

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
30 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Quitting anything runs the risk of an occasional relapse. Having a smoke once a week has to be much better than once an hour while you wrestle the b*st*rd to the mat. The difference between failure and success is that success kept getting back up.

Fair enough , but aiming for zero has to be the target 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scothunter said:

Just remember this before you pick up the fags again. Smokers f***ing stink! Seriously horrible smell.

Didn't realise it till after I quit I can't stand being near smokers now

funny that sh I smoke far to much but never in the house or around ppl who dont smoke!

that vape sh1t gets right on my tits, it stinks worse than fags I can smell the crap the chavs toke from miles away. 

half of it stinks like kids fruit porridge ?

Well, I’m sitting with a tea strong enough to scour pans, 3 sugars and enjoying a smoke.........fishing used to be the best, wake up as the sun is coming up, sit on the edge of the bed as the mist rolls off the water, brew up the first brew of the day and have a smoke as you watch the world come alive and just contemplate the beauty of it all.

Anyway, good luck ! 

• Like 3