WTF is going on with this giving up smoking malarkey ?

I'm pushing 40yrs old and, my health and my pocket could be better - nearly £10.60 a pack now ?

I work 50hrs a week in an active job with plenty of heavy lifting and, I eat a varied diet so, I'm pretty healthy and, my stamina is good.

I do like a smoke - especially 1 with a coffee around 4:30/5am when I get up, after a meal, last thing at night and, with a cuppa at work.

I know that the missus and my daughter would be happy if I gave up.

......... I went a week a while back but, feck me did I get grumpy - not with those 2 - I was a complete c**t to people out and about and at work.

I'm trying again - now is day 1 and, I've discovered that Nicorette gum makes my eyes go funny and gives me the shit's :blink:

........ I've got one of those vape things but, it just ain't the same - it might stop me from being a grumpy twat though ?

I suppose this is just a quick rant :yes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoked rollies from the age of 12 till 3 years ago when i turned 40 and constantly had a rolly hanging off my lip.I tried quitting loads of times using gum,patches even hypnotists wirhout success.It

I did if she Roached my f***ing rizla packet.f***ing hated that.

If you want to quit bad enough then you will. Try calculating what you’ll spend on snout between now and when you’ll retire.., or maybe when your daughter turns 21, and imagine what else you & the

Posted Images

Champix worked for the wife and a few others I know (friends not wives) ya have to get them from ya quack though, but they seem quite happy to if your serious about quitting. I'm too old to quit now, and the more people tell me I should the more I want to smoke. I'm a grumpy twat with nicotine, would be everyone's worse nightmare if I tried going cold turkey. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Champix worked for the wife and a few others I know (friends not wives) ya have to get them from ya quack though, but they seem quite happy to if your serious about quitting. I'm too old to quit now, and the more people tell me I should the more I want to smoke. I'm a grumpy twat with nicotine, would be everyone's worse nightmare if I tried going cold turkey. 

Cheers Gav - I'll have a look at that.

It's hard when you enjoy it mate.

2 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Chris, I just Googled that - it could be worth a go :thumbs:

..... I always remember my Nan moaning at Grandad for using snuff when I was a kid :laugh:

I never smoked but I used it for a couple of decades. It's discreet and the strong brands will take care of all of your nicotine needs. I gave up completely at the end of 2015 but I do miss the odd one.

4 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

A bloke at work used champix.he smoked about day 3 and was as sick as a dog.never smoked again after that.kept using champix for about a month i think.

Cheers Ginger :thumbs:

...... I never knew Champix worked like that - I just assumed it was the same as other gums.

Champix will have you waking up in the morning with cum on your sheets!

Snuds are actually nice but rot your gums, teeth and make ya breath smell like the shoite Joe888 spouts on independence ?

I keep giving up and starting again..... I've said before I'm weak! ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'm pushing 40yrs old and, my health and my pocket could be better - nearly £10.60 a pack now ?

I work 50hrs a week in an active job with plenty of heavy lifting and, I eat a varied diet so, I'm pretty healthy and, my stamina is good.

I do like a smoke - especially 1 with a coffee around 4:30/5am when I get up, after a meal, last thing at night and, with a cuppa at work.

I know that the missus and my daughter would be happy if I gave up.

......... I went a week a while back but, feck me did I get grumpy - not with those 2 - I was a complete c**t to people out and about and at work.

I'm trying again - now is day 1 and, I've discovered that Nicorette gum makes my eyes go funny and gives me the shit's :blink:

........ I've got one of those vape things but, it just ain't the same - it might stop me from being a grumpy twat though ?

I suppose this is just a quick rant :yes:

just man up mate, ive stopped 30 years ago, it was very hard it to took 3 goes but cracked it on the 3rd go . what i did was when i got any craving i used drink lots of water, that really helped, and i kept away from pubs etc. if say after a meal  or a cuppa , i take deep breaths  etc that helped as well, i thought i wont let this beat me, i not going to a fookin sheep like everybody else , who carnt do it, so follow the rest and crack, FIGHT IT MATE, show grit  like our working dogs we keep, you wouldn't keep a jacker  would you .!!!!

• Like 3

You need to be strong minded to stop smoking,I’ve stopped for just over 3 years now when my first lad was born best thing I ever did an £20 a day better off ? atb mud 

• Like 3