Scottish Independence - indyref 2

Never voted labour in my life.

The speaker was more than accomodating and Very patient and statesman like.wasted on those mutants though. 

2014 Scotland voted it was ignored and abuse thrown@ no voters then and present day it's not changed

• Haha 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want Scotland, I’ve said it before but between us we have punched well above our weight in the world for over 500 years. For all the craic and banter, I’d rather have blokes from Ulster, Scotla

You're not hardcore THL until you've had PM death threats!

I voted yes last time but voted out of the EU, so because the goal posts have been changed I'd be a hypocrite if I voted yes again. With the snp putting tax on beer an sugar and anything else we enjoy

Posted Images

5 hours ago, scothunter said:

Never voted labour in my life.

The speaker was more than accomodating and Very patient and statesman like.wasted on those mutants though. 

2014 Scotland voted it was ignored and abuse thrown@ no voters then and present day it's not changed

haha, he couldnt make his mind up, did you follow it? he should have allowed the vote 

14 minutes ago, Joe1888 said:

haha, he couldnt make his mind up, did you follow it? he should have allowed the vote 

He was after pm questions but they didn't want that they had already decided day before what they intended to do.

58 minutes ago, Joe1888 said:

snp have had a mandate for andother ref for sometime now

Oh yeah, was that the day after they didn’t get what they wanted last time? But now they blame brexit so it doesn’t look like they’re a bunch of whinging kids that should just suck it up and stop with the tantrums lol 

14 hours ago, air gun ant said:

Oh yeah, was that the day after they didn’t get what they wanted last time? But now they blame brexit so it doesn’t look like they’re a bunch of whinging kids that should just suck it up and stop with the tantrums lol 

its what scots voted for when they voted the snp, aye brexit/risk to scottish devolution and  the failed promises that led to no winning the 2014 indy ref

I suppose the honest answer is that nobody knows what Scotland would look like after leaving the union......but with a similar sized population and being fairly similar in all other respects there is a good chance it would be similar to Ireland.

Now, rural Ireland is a great place to live, people are normal, it’s unspoilt and it has none of the bullshit you would experience in urban England.

There is a big Eastern European population and also English, not many Africans or Pakistanis etc.......they have kept their traditions, they teach their own language and their own history.

They fly their own flag outside their schools (as well as that of the EU) 

So far, so good.......

However, what they are Not is independant !......not in the least !

Prior to the EU they relied on people travelling to England (and beyond) to earn money and now they rely on the EU for handouts......they are a small cog in a very big machine, totally at the mercy of Brussels.

If the EU crashed they would be on the bones of their arse.......as it stands, it’s a really nice place to live and you don’t see the same poverty you do in the UK but they are 100% NOT their own master.

My guess is that scotland would be swapping a Union where they actually matter for another Union where they are completely meaningless.

• Like 3

I was in Scotland last week and was talking to a guy who wanted Scotland to leave the Union. Strangely he only mentioned it once in passing and didn't drive everyone nuts about it. Was he the odd one out? ??