What's our predictions for the wasp season? Iv done 5 now, all quite busy for the time of year. 

Front of my van is covered in dead insects as well which hasn't happened for a few years. 

Tree bee calls seem to be down so far on this time last couple of years but I have had more calls year on year for honey bee nests and swarms. 

DSC_0423.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I been stung twice this year...first a honey bee....whilst walking the dogs....that was about a month a go....Tuesday just driving me van..a wasp flew in through the window and got me sock in the midd

This little dude visited my bbq tonight so I gave him a bit of steak 

Found this beauty in a quiet corner of our local grave yard. 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I feel that it will be a good year:yes:

I'm praying it will be a good year. or I'm in the poor house... I'm sick of bedbugs and roaches now.

5 hours ago, vin said:

I'm praying it will be a good year. or I'm in the poor house... I'm sick of bedbugs and roaches now.

I hardly ever see a roach job.....maybe one a year. 

Don't build a pest control business based on summer wasp money.....a couple of big contracts are worth more than a years wasps.....i know it's not as fun or paper money but wasps can't be relied on to pay mortgages 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hornets are about and wasps' nests are coming-in. I treated six on friday; four little nests in the same pile of fence-panels in my local fencing yard and then a freebie in a horse-rug(they seem to love horse-rugs) for my friend at the stables where I keep my sheep. Just left there and a call came in for another one which amazingly was about 100 yards from where I had pulled-over to take the call. Then the day before I had a call from a lady who was putting put her kayak on top of her car ready for a peacefull evening on the river when she discovered it contained a wasp's nest.

Looking through the books a reasonable year seems to follow a bad year so here's hoping.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1
On 09/06/2018 at 19:25, DIDO.1 said:

I hardly ever see a roach job.....maybe one a year. 

Don't build a pest control business based on summer wasp money.....a couple of big contracts are worth more than a years wasps.....i know it's not as fun or paper money but wasps can't be relied on to pay mortgages 

They would have to be very big contracts to make what I do over the few months of summer... plus I try and avoid tying myself down to contract work, to be honest with you. I have other avenues of income from which I manage to pay the bills. 

Contract work is something I will eventually have to start doing, But not yet... I like the freedom too much.

I detest contract work I really do. Fair play if you get enough wasps to make up a decent part of your income.....its not been that way in the north West for a long time. 

Looking forward to the day I sell the lot and go back to job work. 

Not done one wasps nest yet. Last year my first was June 13th (tomorrow)  and was kinda hoping to beat that but so far its just bees, bees and more bees, which half the time i talk them out of treating. As above, lots of insects on the windscreen so im hoping for a good year.