• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I been stung twice this year...first a honey bee....whilst walking the dogs....that was about a month a go....Tuesday just driving me van..a wasp flew in through the window and got me sock in the midd

This little dude visited my bbq tonight so I gave him a bit of steak 

Found this beauty in a quiet corner of our local grave yard. 

Posted Images

Hi the  clear tubing which connects the PDF powder reservoir to the connector on the first section is a full piece.

I added the 2nd section and cut the tubing with 6 inch protruding from the second section add a 6mm tubing connector and connect to PD5.

My reasoning for this is I saw having 8 m of tube filled with powder was a potential unnecessary potential blockage issue when only using 2 sections of pole.

I have cut the tubing to length for each section and now only use tubing as required to the sections of pole.

As said the connecters are dirt cheap and connect and disconnect easily.

Be aware not all sections are the same length so cut to length of section.

I have only ever used at full length a few times.

Hope this makes sense.

I treated a wasp nest in June. It was on a shed door. I injected it with ficam. The next day I removed it to show someone inside the nest. Two days ago I got called back as another nest was being built within the outline of the old nest! It was the size of an apple and there was quite a lot of wasps around it, more than would be found normally in a nest that size. 

I treated another in a shed, it was in an old towel. There was no actual nest, just two small bits of wasp cake with the queen in the middle. Again loads of wasps, much more than what could of hatched from those two bits of cake. 

Someone recently said foxes will dig out a wasp nest....i called bullsh*t, then I found a dug out nest where we have never ever had badgers. Again they had started to rebuild around a tiny piece of cake so I covered it up with long grass. 

Got called out to a town center office. Wasp nest over a 1st floor window. No issues, lower than gutter heigh on an average house. Turns out they had booked the council, paid £60 in advance via card payment for the treatment. Council pestie turned up, took one look and said he couldn't do it as they aren't allowed to work at height! Told them they would get a PARTIAL refund!!!!! ?

DSC_0591.JPG

DSC_0570.JPG

1 hour ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

Never heard of Fox's digging them up but badgers definitely do. Would like to see trail cam footage of em doing it !

We have set a cam up along the hedge side, I can't see a fox digging one out 

5 today and a walk away from a bees nest...... The best bit, As I  was just finishing the paperwork on a job, The phone rang..wasp job was literally a mile away from where I was... nice.

21 nests yesterday and the same last monday. Mind, it was dark finishes both days.

Had  my first ever hornet sting on Saturday . I wasn't even treating a nest. I put a strimmer over one though! That has to be either irony or karma.

• Haha 1