also whats the difference between for instance the XL8 and a Pressure washer Extension that all these posh window cleaners use these days? Could one of these reach further and be better in any way? I'm sure there's an adapter etc .... there usually is for anything on ebay... lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I been stung twice this year...first a honey bee....whilst walking the dogs....that was about a month a go....Tuesday just driving me van..a wasp flew in through the window and got me sock in the midd

This little dude visited my bbq tonight so I gave him a bit of steak 

Found this beauty in a quiet corner of our local grave yard. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, vin said:

bedbugs and fleas for me.... lol.

I've had a couple of wasps jobs here and there..but not like you chaps are getting. I'm still optimistic.

I'm even contemplating retiring the old faithful Dustik and investing in the XL8 extension for the DR5. 

Any recommendations chaps?   I'll do anything to avoid the ladders.

I have a xl8 here vin, NEVER USED if your interested i can sort out a sensible price for you.

7 hours ago, vin said:

also whats the difference between for instance the XL8 and a Pressure washer Extension that all these posh window cleaners use these days? Could one of these reach further and be better in any way? I'm sure there's an adapter etc .... there usually is for anything on ebay... lol

I’m sure you could rig something up 

I wouldn’t want to personally it’s a specific bit of kit that’s paid for itself a few times over

I met the bloke who designed and made the XL8 and the AR8 at a trade show a few years back. I asked him which one he would buy if he needed one...

The AR8 isn't fiddly, easy to set up and use. No powder blockages as you are only putting the powder in the very top, no waste.

And the lady customers love a big stick.

I'm waiting to see what sort of deal Mr Wasp is going to offer me on the XL8. . . . . I pumped up the Dr5 yesterday up to 2.5bar with one of those cigarette lighter socket pumps from the van... Never again will I sweat in a Bee Suit pumping away like a madman.

Wasps jobs coming in regularly now with 4 jobs nearly every day.

Significant difference in stage of development with some only as big as an apple and others nearly as big as a football.

2016 was a significant year and from my records I am ahead on the same dates and numbers per day are also in front. 

Walking the dog tonight around a local woodland we located 2 nest and flight lines visible along woodland edges. It is some years since I have seen these numbers so early.

With the XL8 I modified the tubing supplied and cut it into lengths to suit each section. It is very rarely I use it at full length mostly using 2/3 sections. Fantastic for nest across conservatory flat roofs and over gutters.

Connectors for 6mm tubing to connect the lengths together cost very little from a hose manufactures or ebay.

On 09/07/2018 at 22:47, budgie123 said:

With the XL8 I modified the tubing supplied and cut it into lengths to suit each section. It is very rarely I use it at full length mostly using 2/3 sections. Fantastic for nest across conservatory flat roofs and over gutters.

Connectors for 6mm tubing to connect the lengths together cost very little from a hose manufactures or ebay.

tell me more Please Budgie123.

Or PM me please.

4 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

? Interesting... 

I've been playing about with an 8 Meter Pole... Promising.

I think I can make a system better and cheaper than whats on offer... when I do...I will show you how.

2 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I'm up for that,..anything to make this OAP's life easier...?

The more I look the more interesting it gets matey..... I'm sure there'll be a drone for the job sooner or later... We will be able to do it from home.... lol